Quantcast

Peter's Little Book of Goofy Rocket Plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

PeterAlway

Reaction score
I posted this over on Facebook, and I thought maybe people here would enjoy this little plan booklet I put together years ago. It's a mix of classic plans that I like, a few of my original plans, and some sort of hybrids where I stole ideas from classic plans. I'm not sure how pdf attachments work here, but it should link somewhere in this post.

Attachments

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Great, now I need to order more parts!:D
Thanks for the plans, Peter.

Bruiser

Reaction score
Thanks for the book. I like the Saturn IV.

-Bob

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Thank you for sharing. Very cool. :cool:

prfesser

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Peter,
IMHO Estes or Quest should have hired you long ago, to prepare the drawings for their kits, especially the scale models. Very nice plans!
Best -- Terry

mooffle

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Late to the party but I love your booklet and was inspired by the zubenelgenubi model. See picture for my super loosely based version, the Pyro CME (based on a ship from my favorite video game mixed with elements from your rocket). Thanks for not only the plans but also some fun inspiration.

Attachments

mooffle

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I want to do some variation of the fractal explorer soon, or just incorporate that design.
I wonder if there's a way to calculate what the stability limit would be mathematically. At some point the mass will have some sort of 'e' like limit. Would the aerodynamics stop as well?

Vitruvius

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The "Sputnik" clone and the "Saturn IV" look to be fabulous fun as is the Intercontinental Rabbit! I feel I might just be able to build them what with my Adult Onset ADD! Thank You Peter!

Vitruvius

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank You, Peter. I enjoy Your rocket plans and I especially Your "Goofy" designs, especially the "Saturn IV" and I have a question here: You stated that the AMT "Man Into Space " Apollo would be a good fit, so to speak and I was curious whether or not You meant just the Command Module or...the Command Module AND the Launch Escape System? I found that Your plans for the 1/73rd scale "Mercury/Atlas" builds quite easily as does Your "Vostok" model. Besides ,Peter, it doesn't take much to modify the "Vostok" into the "Soyuz"...LOL! Thank You again!

gna

average joe-overbuild member
Reaction score
It can be a little squirrely (rabbity?) in the breeze. I papered the fins, too, so it's a bit on the heavy side, but it flies well: