Peter's Little Book of Goofy Rocket Plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterAlway

Reaction score
I posted this over on Facebook, and I thought maybe people here would enjoy this little plan booklet I put together years ago. It's a mix of classic plans that I like, a few of my original plans, and some sort of hybrids where I stole ideas from classic plans. I'm not sure how pdf attachments work here, but it should link somewhere in this post.

Attachments

• Little Book of Goofy Rocket Plans.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 504
Hello Peter,
IMHO Estes or Quest should have hired you long ago, to prepare the drawings for their kits, especially the scale models. Very nice plans!
Best -- Terry

Late to the party but I love your booklet and was inspired by the zubenelgenubi model. See picture for my super loosely based version, the Pyro CME (based on a ship from my favorite video game mixed with elements from your rocket). Thanks for not only the plans but also some fun inspiration.

Attachments

• IMG_20200728_174159876.jpg
    IMG_20200728_174159876.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 16024842428813560604365032934493.jpg
    16024842428813560604365032934493.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 44
I want to do some variation of the fractal explorer soon, or just incorporate that design.
I wonder if there's a way to calculate what the stability limit would be mathematically. At some point the mass will have some sort of 'e' like limit. Would the aerodynamics stop as well?

Thank You, Peter. I enjoy Your rocket plans and I especially Your "Goofy" designs, especially the "Saturn IV" and I have a question here: You stated that the AMT "Man Into Space " Apollo would be a good fit, so to speak and I was curious whether or not You meant just the Command Module or...the Command Module AND the Launch Escape System? I found that Your plans for the 1/73rd scale "Mercury/Atlas" builds quite easily as does Your "Vostok" model. Besides ,Peter, it doesn't take much to modify the "Vostok" into the "Soyuz"...LOL! Thank You again!

Back