Peter Alway is Famous!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
The other night I was watching "Big Bang Theory", comedy show.

Behind one of the guys beds was Peter's "Rockets of the World" rocket posters!:cool:

I actually look forward to this show, some of the stuff I actually laugh at!

In one of the shows I've seen, they show in one of the characters' office a nice HPR rocket leaning against the wall! There must be some rocket people around there somewhere.

I actually look forward to this show, some of the stuff I actually laugh at!

In one of the shows I've seen, they show in one of the characters' office a nice HPR rocket leaning against the wall! There must be some rocket people around there somewhere.

They did a story about model rockets (or at least surrounding launching a rocket) about a year ago.

I don't think the poster is specificly by Peter , I got the same poster out of an electronics manufacture catalog atleast 15 years ago.

I don't want to distract/derail from the thread, but:

I love that show. I laugh so hard that my wife gives me weird looks.
On the show where Penny gave Sheldon that special towel gift, his reaction had me rolling on the floor.

And then there's Sheldon's new version of the classic: "It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors."

I don't think the poster is specificly by Peter , I got the same poster out of an electronics manufacture catalog atleast 15 years ago.

Peter's poster is definitely Peter's poster, and I think there are two versions of it, one with a pale blue background, and another with a gradient background.

There *is* another similar poster, as you say, available at least 15 years ago. But I don't think it has the N-1, on it, and that is how you can tell them apart from a distance.

Having not seen enough episodes of "Big Bang Theory" to notice the poster in question, I can't say which poster it is.

i have not noticed the poster on the big bang theory, but it is on TV nonight (UK) so i guess i'm going to be watching to check it out.

I don't want to distract/derail from the thread, but:

I love that show. I laugh so hard that my wife gives me weird looks.
On the show where Penny gave Sheldon that special towel gift, his reaction had me rolling on the floor.

And then there's Sheldon's new version of the classic: "It's very simple. Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors."

...which seems to have since spawned:
https://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/generic/b597/

It's definitely one of my favorite shows, and it gives me something to look forward to every Monday :)

I think the episode mentioned earlier, with the rockets in the office background, was the one where Raj was put on the Time magazine top-30 scientists list; everyone had gone over to his office, and there were a few model and high power rockets back in the corner.

Peter's poster is definitely Peter's poster, and I think there are two versions of it, one with a pale blue background, and another with a gradient background.

There *is* another similar poster, as you say, available at least 15 years ago. But I don't think it has the N-1, on it, and that is how you can tell them apart from a distance.

Having not seen enough episodes of "Big Bang Theory" to notice the poster in question, I can't say which poster it is.

Ok that explains it ,I didn't realise they were different , mine has the N-1 on it
you can order it from omega or recieve it with a catalog order.

https://www.omega.com/literature/posters/
(the rockets are on the opposite side of what is shown)

Pretty sure it had the N-1 on it.

That show is what they call "a sleeper". very popular, high ratings but it doesn't make a lot of entertainment "noise".

And Penny is so freakin' hot!

And Penny is so freakin' hot!

Even in the episode she had cheeto stains on her face.

This is the best show on TV. I have 3 levels of managers above me hooked on this at work. They are slowly learning to understand me...

Last night I was laughing so hard at Raj with his weak bladder.

Most appropriate Sheldon quote that applies to rocketry:
Ah, gravity - thou art a heartless bitch.

There have been at least two Peter Alway posters, IIRC.

One was done up by a company who contacted him (Omega???), and had their name on it. IIRC, those were done on sort of thin paper (for posters). Peter’s own “official” poster was on thicker paper. I know Peter’s “official” poster was with a blue background, I cannot recall if the other one was as well.

But there has always been at least one other poster by someone else. A Google Search found this:

https://www.allposters.com/gallery....&FindID=0&P=1&PP=7&sortby=PD&cname=&SearchID=

Interestingly, it does not have the N-1 on it. Then it is about “space” rockets and, well, the N-1 never made it there (though I am surprised anyone would be that picky for a mass-market space rocket poster).

Possibly it is an update of the same kind of poster (not Peter’s) that was around 15-20 years ago, possibly it is totally different and there are yet other posters out there. I have seen the poster on Big Bang Theory but do not recall if it seemed like one of Peter’s posters or that other poster. Ironically I Tivo’ed and watched it last night, and could have checked, but I have already deleted it (I irretrievably double-deleted it. I like to allow only 1 hour shows to remain in the deleted folder so I can see by the count of deleted 1 hour shows how many hours of recording time is available).

BTW - Using keywords “rocket” and “poster” in Google Images brings up so many interesting posters.

- George Gassaway

SpacePoster.jpg

Last edited:
Never heard of it (the show, that is -- I HAVE heard of Peter Alway... :D ). When is it on, and on what network?

Mark \\.

There have been at least two Peter Alway posters, IIRC.

One was done up by a company who contacted him (Omega???), and had their name on it. IIRC, those were done on sort of thin paper (for posters). Peter’s own “official” poster was on thicker paper. I know Peter’s “official” poster was with a blue background, I cannot recall if the other one was as well.

But there has always been at least one other poster by someone else. A Google Search found this:

https://www.allposters.com/gallery....&FindID=0&P=1&PP=7&sortby=PD&cname=&SearchID=

Interestingly, it does not have the N-1 on it. Then it is about “space” rockets and, well, the N-1 never made it there (though I am surprised anyone would be that picky for a mass-market space rocket poster).

Possibly it is an update of the same kind of poster (not Peter’s) that was around 15-20 years ago, possibly it is totally different and there are yet other posters out there. I have seen the poster on Big Bang Theory but do not recall if it seemed like one of Peter’s posters or that other poster. Ironically I Tivo’ed and watched it last night, and could have checked, but I have already deleted it (I irretrievably double-deleted it. I like to allow only 1 hour shows to remain in the deleted folder so I can see by the count of deleted 1 hour shows how many hours of recording time is available).

BTW - Using keywords “rocket” and “poster” in Google Images brings up so many interesting posters.

- George Gassaway

No that wasn't the one on the show.

I'm pretty sure it was Peter's poster with the light blue background.

Behind one of the guys beds was Peter's "Rockets of the World" rocket posters!:cool:

What episode were you watching? I just found that my Tivo recorded this past Monday's episode, about Sheldon loaning Penny some money, and I didn't see anything approaching a poster over a bed.

What episode were you watching? I just found that my Tivo recorded this past Monday's episode, about Sheldon loaning Penny some money, and I didn't see anything approaching a poster over a bed.

I think it was the episode before last Monday, Jan 26, I think.

I watch it on Canadian TV so there may be a time lag or time jump or something like that.

It was the episode where Penny told the one character (I forget his name...the engineer)) off and he went home.

Last edited:
There was another that bore some resemblance to Peter's. I had one before Peter's came out. It did have the N-1, however, it was not at all accurate. Probably before many details came out.

mike

Commonwealth still has a few of Peter's posters in stock for a ridiculously low price.

Look under the "Mixed Media" section of Commonwealth's site.

Back