PET2 error code explanation question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
I'm using first time a PET2 for air start.
Timer 1 - will air start 2 outboard motors 1.6 seconds after Main Engine cut off.
The default settings are actually close to what I need, but I went through the settings menu to adjust my timer 1 from the default setting of 0.2 seconds to 1.6 seconds.

1. So I hook up an Ematch to channel 1,
2. Stand my rocket up
3. Power up PET2

When I power up (after setup) I get a long buzz followed by 4 yellow flashing chirps then repeat. The manual says this is "auto axis detection and no valid orientation detection".

Is this a wrong setting on my part?
Can you explain this error so I can correct?

Thanks for your help.

Details not relevant
LOC Magnum central K711 - air start 2 H195

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1477490060.164628.jpg

Nick, how cold is it outside? The PET2+ has an issue during startup when it is cold. I have experienced this on multiple occasions. It does work fine once you get it warm. At MWP two years ago it was probably 40 and breezy out. I just had to turn my bay toward the sun and wait until about 10am.

Nick,
Since I have mine mounted horizontally, Im guessing here. If picture is as if on rail, unit could be upside down.
Does manual show enter/ select buttons up ? I not sure if it matters

After checking the users manual (page 4) it looks like the unit could be mounted upside down, there are XYZ-axis arrows right next to the buzzer.

According to the manual, if you're going to mount it for X axis triggering, the buttons must be 'up'.

After checking the users manual (page 4) it looks like the unit could be mounted upside down, there are XYZ-axis arrows right next to the buzzer.

Thanks everyone;
i just looked at the overall picture of the mounting - not the arrows or buttons, and mounted it upside down so my event timer wires would be facing downward to the motors. So you were correct! Rocket community is awesome! Reversed it and powered up and beeped Event 1 continuity, thanks for your help. I designed my little bay around mounting it upside down so not real crazy about looping wire around in such a tight space but its still safe so we will fly at MWP and see how it goes.

Not this year...we got hit with Hurricane Mathew.
Planned on being there...but now, must spend motor money on new chainsaw..lol

Just got the service entry mast fixed & power on 2 days ago.
Massive trees uprooted in back yard.
Heck just getting back ....in a couple days.

Have fun & say hi to everyone for me!

Sorry to hear about the damage CJ, hope your able to get it all back in order.

Back