Personal Launch Report - Tripoli HAVOC 4 - Trident Club Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbdm

Rocketry Tourist
Reaction score
Traveled from Northern California to Tripoli San Diego Havoc #4 launch. Held at the Holtville closed airport near the Mexico border. My launches completed for the weekend I caught the launch of the club project - Trident. 20 feet long, ~104 lbs, 7.6 inches wide flying on an Aerotech M1939. Fun large rocket.

trident small.jpg

Short video of the launch (forgive the shaky footage, I jumped up and didn't get the tripod setup.)

Not so obvious from the video, but that monster came off the rail pretty slowly. I watched from the flight line with my binoculars, and it was scary slow!
Thanks for posting this up David, great launch overall, with the winds holding off until I could get all my rockets launched. Oh, and don't feel bad David, the thumb is almost all heeled up today.

It took us about two and a half years to build that, from concept to completion. It was good to see it go up.

Mr Deveau posted the onboard ...very different , very cool !

Not so obvious from the video, but that monster came off the rail pretty slowly. I watched from the flight line with my binoculars, and it was scary slow!
Thanks for posting this up David, great launch overall, with the winds holding off until I could get all my rockets launched. Oh, and don't feel bad David, the thumb is almost all heeled up today.

Tried to get your thumb so you’d slow down and Sharon and I’d be able to launch more than you. Didn’t work.

Back