Personal Launch Report 11 July 2020

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hala

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Great launch day at the Rip Rap field. Met some friends for the first time in person and met some new friends.
I only launched three rockets but did spend time performing LCO duties (I got to press the big red button).

Flight 1 was with my newly built Estes Vapor on a E9-4. It was a good flight but the plastic parachute separated 4 of the 6 shroud lines. She came down a little hard but is in good shape. She's earned her paint.

Flight 2 was with my newly built Aerotech Initiator on a F67-6W (White Lightning). The parachute worked properly but the winds carried it to a rough landing. She is also still in good shape and earned her paint.

Flight 3 was my Estes Big Bertha on a B6-6. She had a very nice flight.

Attached in my Vapor on the launch pad.
DSCN0268.JPG

It’s good getting back out there, isn’t it?

What happened on the shroud lines? Early or late ejection?

It’s good getting back out there, isn’t it?

What happened on the shroud lines? Early or late ejection?
It was an Estes 18" Plastic parachute. The shrouds and "strengthening" disks simply store away from the chute on 6 of the 8 shrouds. I'm going to thin mil Nylon chutes before the next launch. I suspect I didn't put enough wadding in. It's big enough I could probably do a small cute protector.

Back