Personal best? - Number of launches in one day..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Just had a thought, trying to count them myself..

In one day, how many have you personally launched? How many times do you personally "push the button" for your own birds..

I think mine is about 26 in one day.. Mostly Estes BP mind you, but still..

Too wide a spectrum. I see a lot of folks bring two HPR to a launch. They spend the morning prepping the first rocket, then launch it and recover it. They spend the afternoon prepping the second, then launch and recover it. Then go home.

I always prep at home and have found that I can launch about one HPR per hour. But I only have five rockets, so that's the limit.

I'd say my club launches about every 20 minutes, so in an 8-hr day, one could conceivably launch 24 LPR. But then you have to go to the bathroom and eat.

I guess if you live on a farm and like to launch HPR, in a summer day you could get in 30 or more. Depends on how many rockets you have and whether or not you prep in advance.

I oversaw the launching of just over 200 LP rockets in one day when I was supervising a science summer school rocketry program. My own rockets, probably five or six.

You eat in the bathroom??? :p

I was going to call him a wimp for taking time to eat and go to the bathroom, but you response is better.

My best was 21. All LPR. I was going for most launches at my club for that day. We had a teenager in the club who ALWAYS had the most launches and I wanted to outdo him just for fun. I didn't tell anyone what I was doing; I just showed up with a bunch of rockets prepped and just kept launching. I launched 19 different rockets that day, two of them twice. The kid figured out what I was doing about mid afternoon and went crazy slapping motors into any rocket he could get his hands on for several hours. He eventually launched 23 and beat me by 2 launches. I could have kept up with him, but once the surprise factor was gone I felt it wasn't worth it. But his mom was so mad at me for a long time afterwards. She was the club secretary and came to most launches. When her son started launching everything in sight she got mad at me.

A total of 9. Five in the daytime and 4 during the night launch. A mixture of high power, mid power and clusters.

Wayco/Hardline might not "have the record" in terms of strict numbers, but I don't know anyone who has their systems down quite like those two. For sheer efficiency and style when it comes to getting lots of quality flights (of a pretty wide variety) in a day's launching, we all could learn a lot from them. AND they have a great time doing it.

FTW,
ssix

Where's Hardline and Wayco? They've got this record in the bag for sure.

Sorry Scott, but we aren't even close to some of these guys. We never concentrated on numbers, we just like to fly rockets. Sharon has flown 12 in one day, and I flew 7 HPR DD flights at ROC a while back. We flew 15 LPR on Thursday at Hellfire, but that was between the two of us.
I intentionally ignore the Newton count thread, because I don't like to compete, it takes the fun out of it.

A kid in my club, SEVRA, did a charity launch for Altzheimers Awareness. He personally logged over 60 LP(and a few MP) launches this past June 18th.

My personal best is 6 HP launches in a day. LP I know I've done dozen days from time to time.

Last edited:
Sorry Scott, but we aren't even close to some of these guys. We never concentrated on numbers, we just like to fly rockets. Sharon has flown 12 in one day, and I flew 7 HPR DD flights at ROC a while back. We flew 15 LPR on Thursday at Hellfire, but that was between the two of us.
I intentionally ignore the Newton count thread, because I don't like to compete, it takes the fun out of it.

Wayco, it would be interesting to hear the approach you and Sharon take regarding HPR prep, flight and recovery. Clearly you are good at it and there might be pointers I/others could use.

Wayco, it would be interesting to hear the approach you and Sharon take regarding HPR prep, flight and recovery. Clearly you are good at it and there might be pointers I/others could use.

We both pre-prep our rockets, usually together at our work table. If it is a complex or new setup, Sharon watches and checks my work and vice versa. Some of my prep is documented in my L3 build, page two here:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?66950-Wayco%92s-Dark-Star-Extreme/page2

I think you get good at this by repetition, a lot of my avbays are similar in design, so I do the same procedure over and over again. When it's different, like my Lil' Rascal, which uses a cable cutter, I have Sharon back me up. It helps to have someone watching that knows a bit about it.

I don't want to take this thread off track more than I have, so I will start another thread, so we can share setup ideas.

2 for me.I do not like neither to do nor to start rockets.I love watching оnboard video.And because of that I do and start rockets :)Before each start, I have over 50 per year, a rush of adrenaline and I'm nervous and irritable.Do not mess with epoxy to drill holes to slice fins -this is so annoying. And at the start to worry rocket not drop my head or in a village. Better I felt as general constructor.Use workers and machines for boring technical operations.They will do much better than me.

Last edited:
Back