Performance hobbies performer series plans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyhager3

Orange is best color, NAR/TRA L2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
So i was going to make another minimum diameter/ high flying rocket and I was going to use this 29mm 5.5:1 vk NC from Ken, and while looking through his website I found about the performer series of rockets, and I decided I would make a performer 29 since he doesn't carry one. But I wound need some dimensions, I'll ask, I doubt he'll know or even give me the dissensions, but I thought one of you guys might have one, so I came here to ask if anyone had a performer kit, and would be willing to give me some dimensions so I could scale it down to the sizing that I need, and then I would post the OpenRocket files once I do so. Any size would obviously be fine, but just make sure to specify which one you have.
Any info is helpful, thank you!

Airframe component dimensions for the Performer series are on his website at https://performancehobbies.com/secure/store.aspx?groupid=3920179470987. You should be able to scale them accordingly.

Wildman also produces (produced?) a 29mm MD kit in their Blackhawk 29. Sim file can be found on Rocket Reviews at: https://www.rocketreviews.com/wildman-rocketry-black-hawk-29-9239.html
Yeah i guess, i overlooked that those probably are the air frame dimensions, and I can figure out where to put the electronics bay. But guess I need to find the fin dimensions somewhere. Someone probably has them, and If not, I can make something that resembles it

Open Rocket will read RockSim files. You can use the Blackhawk file and adjust body tube lengths as appropriate. Similarly you can use the Blackhawk fin shapes as a starting point and modify them to your liking to resemble the fins on the Performer series, the program will adjust your CP and Stability accordingly.

You can print out the fin shapes from the program to serve as a template if you are cutting your own, or I know of at least one laser cutting service who will work from the OR file to cut fins.

So i was going to make another minimum diameter/ high flying rocket and I was going to use this 29mm 5.5:1 vk NC from Ken, and while looking through his website I found about the performer series of rockets, and I decided I would make a performer 29 since he doesn't carry one. But I wound need some dimensions, I'll ask, I doubt he'll know or even give me the dissensions, but I thought one of you guys might have one, so I came here to ask if anyone had a performer kit, and would be willing to give me some dimensions so I could scale it down to the sizing that I need, and then I would post the OpenRocket files once I do so. Any size would obviously be fine, but just make sure to specify which one you have.
E-mail him, I’m sure he would be able to get you a custom cut set of fins and sell you some airframe or couplers if you need them

I forwarded your post to Ken Allen, his reply:
<SNIP>
I can make him one. I have a 29mm nosecone in stock. ...... Also have airframe & can easily cut the 1/16” fins. Can you tell him to contact me?

(202)723-8257 cell or text

Thanks!

Ken <UNSNIP>

I forwarded your post to Ken Allen, his reply:
<SNIP>
I can make him one. I have a 29mm nosecone in stock. ...... Also have airframe & can easily cut the 1/16” fins. Can you tell him to contact me?

(202)723-8257 cell or text

Thanks!

Ken <UNSNIP>
I'm emailing him about that right now, and maybe I'll be able to get it this weekend!

Back