PerfectFlite - still in business?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have a couple that I got when I donated my last new ones to the Ga Southern SLI team.

It has been a while again since the SLCFs have been in stock. Haven't seen any for at least 2-3 months. Hoping as the COVID restrictions finally start to ease worldwide, we see the global electronics shortages start to loosen up. I got a few SLCFs last time they had stock, but have now used the last one up.

I'll tell you, if I could go back to 2019, there are so many things I would have stocked up on!

I managed to check in late April, and found they had some in stock. Bought one and got it early May. So they are still putting them out there. Haven't needed to check since then though.

Hmmmm......can't find them in stock on any day now. They are not responding to emails.

Was considering a Missile Works altimeter as an alternative but they are out of stock and their website says; Please be advised that a critical flash chip part for our RRC3 and RTx products has become obsolete and we're actively working on the acquisition of a replacement device.

Hmmmm......can't find them in stock on any day now. They are not responding to emails.

Was considering a Missile Works altimeter as an alternative but they are out of stock and their website says; Please be advised that a critical flash chip part for our RRC3 and RTx products has become obsolete and we're actively working on the acquisition of a replacement device.
I suspect the chip shortage is affecting everyone. I check Perfectflight almost daily. I snagged two a while back, but would get another 2 if I found them in stock. I really would like to standardize on Stratologgers as primary and Quarks as backup, but that may be a pipe dream at this point. My next option would be RRCL's and Quarks (sigh). I check Missile Works weekly, but they really haven't has anything since they started their move. Featherweight is out of Raven's as well.

Luckily, I ordered a bunch of Eggtimers before the chip shortage hit. I have 3 Quarks (2 built), 2 Apogees (1 built), 2 Quantums (1 built), 1 Proton (not built) and 4 WiFi switches (all built). Also just finished my 3rd attempt at an Eggfinder Mini - finally made one that works - the damn GPS chip is a bitch.

The high priced guys still have product, but who knows how much. NCR has Adrel MaxAlt's in stock (still a lower priced altimeter). Entacore has stock. Marsa has stock. You can find Altus Metrum stuff at different dealers (they don't sell direct).

I think Mike is right about the chip shortage being the culprit across the market.

I have been telling myself for years that I need to buckle down and standardize all my ebays so I can just transfer my electronics setups from one bird to another. This shortage situation may actually overcome my inherent laziness! (well, maybe ;) )

I am helping liquidate an estate of a club member that passed. Somewhere in a 27 foot UHaul truck full of stuff i remember seeing a bunch of perfectflite stuff. I have not checked them out yet and all are probably used, but if you are interested, pm me

I too love the PerfectFlite SLCF - it was my first altimeter purchase and they're robust and reliable. I currently have 2. However, the problem now seems to be software compatibility. The last few flights I've done I've been unable to download any data using the DT4U connector because my laptop OS is new, whereas it seems the SLCF downloadable software hasn't been updated since 2017.

I am helping liquidate an estate of a club member that passed. Somewhere in a 27 foot UHaul truck full of stuff i remember seeing a bunch of perfectflite stuff. I have not checked them out yet and all are probably used, but if you are interested, pm me
It s there any Dynacom kits in the truck?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I am away for the long weekend. I will reply to all in the next day or 2

Good evening all;

Curious, has anyone been able to purchase a Stratologger of late? Looking back through this thread it appears the last time they were available was during the April 2021 time frame.

I continue to monitor the PerfectFlite Direct online store, but may stop doing so if the ongoing component shortages have effectively eliminated the ability of
PerfectFlite to manufacture Stratologgers.

While I understand that these are cottage industries and everyone’s time is limited, it would be appreciated if manufacturers who were simply unable to manufacture a product due to circumstances beyond their control, would provide an advisory to that effect…

Thanks for any ‘metrics’ (hoping to hear of recent purchases)

I check every evening. Haven't seen any available since April.

They are producing TARC electronics, so they are around. Not sure if they have given up on the SLCF, but I have a feeling that if we ever see them produced again, it will be a quite a while from now.

I am treating the last two new ones I have like gold.

I managed to get lucky and purchased 2 on 11/26. From the serial numbers of the units I just received, it looks like about 200 have been produced since February. So they are still trickling out, but are getting snagged very quickly.

Back