PerfectFlite - still in business?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

DeltaVee

HV Arcas, AT F67
Reaction score
It's not actually essential. You can set your main deploy from 100-1000 feet in 100 foot increments and get a maximum altitude report without it.
Good to know!
That's what kept me from getting one last week when I had the chance... When they came available most recently, I was having dinner (having checked the website moments before sitting down ) and sold out before I cleared my plate! But tttt, I'm not in a rush either but I think next is available and I know about it....

Mugs914

Pardon me for talkin' while you're interruptin'...
Reaction score
Yeah, what Antares said... Not essential. I tried to add one to my order but they were out of stock.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
They just work. No fiddling around with the software to download data. Turn on altimeter, start software, and hook up download cable IN ANY ORDER and they will work. If you don't follow the Missileworks procedure exactly, you can lose all data on the altimeter (RRC3).

Antares JS

Professional Amateur
Reaction score
They just work. No fiddling around with the software to download data. Turn on altimeter, start software, and hook up download cable IN ANY ORDER and they will work. If you don't follow the Missileworks procedure exactly, you can lose all data on the altimeter (RRC3).
Not as bad as losing your data, but what got me the first time I tried to connect a Stratologger to my laptop was that you have to connect it while it's still booting up. If they start beeping "ready" before you connect, you have to shut it down and try again.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
Not as bad as losing your data, but what got me the first time I tried to connect a Stratologger to my laptop was that you have to connect it while it's still booting up. If they start beeping "ready" before you connect, you have to shut it down and try again.
That's true but the Strattologgers give you plenty of time - long startup sequence even on pad :(

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
That's true but the Strattologgers give you plenty of time - long startup sequence even on pad :(
That's not the start-up time he is talking about. You literally have just 1 to 2 seconds to make a successful connection between the software and SLCF.

All my electronics - SLCF, MAWD, Raven, Big Red Bee - require very specific and fussy connection procedures to pair with their software. Must be a com port thing.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
That's not the start-up time he is talking about. You literally have just 1 to 2 seconds to make a successful connection between the software and SLCF.
As long as you access the altimeter before it beeps ready to launch, it will connect. There is plenty of time while it goes through beeping out previous flight data, etc. It does the same thing on the pad and you have to wait to confirm continuity of the charges. Once you access the altimeter from the software, it will shut up.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
As long as you access the altimeter before it beeps ready to launch, it will connect. There is plenty of time while it goes through beeping out previous flight data, etc. It does the same thing on the pad and you have to wait to confirm continuity of the charges. Once you access the altimeter from the software, it will shut up.
Hmm. OK, maybe the SLCF has a longer connect time, but the MAWD for sure required super fast reflexes to make the connection! Maybe I am doing the same with the SLCF as a force of habit.

Art Upton

Reaction score

All my electronics - SLCF, MAWD, Raven, Big Red Bee - require very specific and fussy connection procedures to pair with their software. Must be a com port thing.
It is a com port thing... on ports that can due telementery and programing. I have a Ham Radio that to Re-flash Firmware requires that timing on the same com port that normally computer controls it.

AllDigital

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my new SLCF and did some configuration tweaking in the software using the USB cable. I was bummed that the Mac version of the software is no longer good (32 bit stuff died with OS Catalina), but I had no problem connecting it to an old Win7 PC. You need to get the right FTDI drivers (new link here: https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/ ) and have them installed before connecting and running the software.

AllDigital

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the data cable was out of stock... Did you manage to get one? Seems to me that's an essential item...
I needed to make changes and was in a bit of a panic realizing I did not have the cable and they were out of stock. I went down the path of ordering an FTDI usb board from Amazon (only $6 here https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/ ), but then I realized I had purchased a SLCF usb about four years ago and searched harder, so I didn't end up needing the board from Amazon. That said, it shouldn't be too hard to hack together a cable for about $10 with the FTDI board and a JST 5pin x 1.0mm connector (or just direct solder).

DeltaVee

HV Arcas, AT F67
Reaction score
Here we go again!!! This time I snagged one before mentioning it...

And yes, I bought ONLY ONE!!! LOL

PayLoad

I don't do spirals
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anything that is rarely in stock, not available RIGHT NOW when I want it, does not exist.

mtnmanak

TRA & NAR L2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Would still love to get one of the FireFly field display units... Those seem to be even more rare than SLCFs.

mtnmanak

TRA & NAR L2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It has been a while again since the SLCFs have been in stock. Haven't seen any for at least 2-3 months. Hoping as the COVID restrictions finally start to ease worldwide, we see the global electronics shortages start to loosen up. I got a few SLCFs last time they had stock, but have now used the last one up.

I'll tell you, if I could go back to 2019, there are so many things I would have stocked up on!