Perfectflite Schurter switch notice

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using Hotsystem LED switches. Never failed. Love how they glow when on as a visual backup that it's working.

61qEU3iJ2NL._SL1001_.jpg

You can get a bag of 10 for like $9.

Here it is inside my Bluetooth Eggfinder receiver.

20160817_203332.jpg

20160817_203717.jpg

Ah to switch or not to switch, that is the question!

+1 for "twist 'n' tape" - I've done it on everything from J to O flights never had a problem, no soldering, no drilling holes, cheap - did I say cheap?

BUT, I also use DIP switches (in one rocket) and they are great - with a 4 way DIP you can use two switches for one altimeter, two contact points doesn't matter if one fails. Tiny foot-print AND they are cheap!

I really like the Missileworks screw switches. Robust and pretty much fool proof.

Been using Schurter switches for a few years and never had one fail. Gonna continue using them and checking them after every flight.

Been using Schurter switches for a few years and never had one fail. Gonna continue using them and checking them after every flight.

+1

Hundreds & hundreds of flights with Schurtners with zero failures.

I have found a new switch that might just do the trick on my larger rockets. It is 1/2" diameter push on/off from MAC Performance with a very positive lock up, large button and heavy duty posts. My main concern with switches is that after a few bends back and forth the post will break and fail before the switch does. These new switches have only two post and they are very, very sturdy, you'll have a hard time bending them with your bare hands. I really think these are going to work out well for me, definitely worth a look.

20161003_120000.jpg20161003_115926.jpg20161003_115911.jpg

MAC also has a nice bridge mount for these, not sure if they are on the website yet.

20161003_121439.jpg

Back