Perfectflite Minitimer Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTH Rocket

Reaction score
I just have a simple question that I couldn't answer with the instruction manual. I've never used this unit before.

When powering it up, after it does the high, low, high, low chirp thing, it gives a sustained high whistle. Is this what it is supposed to do?

I just have a simple question that I couldn't answer with the instruction manual. I've never used this unit before.

When powering it up, after it does the high, low, high, low chirp thing, it gives a sustained high whistle. Is this what it is supposed to do?

That means that it has continuity when it beeps like that, you have an igniter/ematch connected to it correct?Also when first powered up it will give you the delay it is set for in beeps the instructions should tell you how to convert the beeps into the time it is set for then if an igniter is connected it should go into the high low beep mode.

Another question I should ask you is which timer do you have with the G switch or without?

I am not sure but I think a sustained high whistle means low battery. I am resionably sure is means something is wrong. I would contact Perfectflite and ask to be sure. You should only get beeps, not a sustained high whistle.

page 5 of the manual said:
Normal Operation Mode
If the program button is not depressed when the timer is powered
up, normal operation mode will be selected. A long tone will
sound, followed by a sequence of beeps reporting the preset time
delay as described earlier. The beeper then emits a high/low/
high/low tone sequence as it looks at the trigger input to detect the
“normal” (untriggered) state. If the trigger switch is open during
this period (as in a G-switch trigger), the continuity check will
report using a high pitched tone.
If the trigger switch is closed (as
in a breakwire), the continuity check will report using a low pitched
tone. This feature allows the user to confirm that the trigger circuit
is configured as expected prior to flight.
Emphasis mine.

Thank you, I think I understand now. I know it's not low battery, because it does it connected to 2 brand new 9V batteries.

Back