PerfectFlite Dead or Out of Business?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t forget about the RRC2L. That has the plug for the LCD screen to look at past results and for programming. Just a few bucks more than the RRC2+.

Definitely. When I mentioned RRC2, I was referring to the whole family, but the RRC2L is definitely my "go-to" RRC2 computer. MW is often "out of stock" on the LCD Terminals, but they are in stock right now. If anyone does not have one, I would pick one up while they have them. I am thinking of getting a spare in case mine breaks/gets lost since 80%+ of my rockets have at least one MW computer in them.

If I had a suggestion for MW, it would be to take the CoPilot V3 (built by MW, sold by PML, but not sure if they are being produced anymore after LOC bought PML), lop off the 9V battery holder and sell it as an RRC2.5L. The CoPilot has a dedicated switch port, flight logging, PC support and LCD support. I think if they marketed that at a price point between the bare bones RRC2+ and the RRC3, it would be a hot seller. No real re-design needed since they already sell a close version of it.

Or the Altus EasyMini. Slightly smaller form factor as the SLCF, and all the computer functionality and doesn't need the expense of a silly little dongle add on thingy (just a micro usb, which probably everyone has dozens of just laying around).

Oh, and the best part: It's AVAILABLE for purchase direct or any of half a dozen vendors.

Love the Easy Mini. Awesome computer - especially for small rockets. I tried using an RRC2L in a minimum diameter 29mm rocket. It fit, but was such a pain. Switching to the Easy Mini gave me loads of room in the tiny ebay!

I know you guys will be surprised by this, but I do have an EasyMini. Never even tried connecting power or computer to it yet. But I do have a smaller rocket I have in mind for it eventually.

I have to agree on this point. I love Stratologgers, but about 3 or 4 months ago, I stopped checking at all. It just isn't worth the time with other alternatives on the market. The MW RRC2 is pretty comparable, albeit without the computer interface. I use a lot of Eggtimers now, but do lament the time commitment in building them.

If PerfectFlite ever gets back to a point where SLCFs are available more consistently, I will definitely go back, but, in the meantime, they don't need my business since the limited stock they end up with sells out so quickly. Demand is not their problem. In other words, my giving up on them doesn't hurt them.
I actually like building the Eggtimers (now that I don't bork them), plus, Quantums are the bomb. Built in WiFi arming is hard to beat...

I actually like building the Eggtimers (now that I don't bork them), plus, Quantums are the bomb. Built in WiFi arming is hard to beat...

Oh yeah, it is difficult to go back from WiFi switching once you have used it. Most of my non-airstart rockets have a Quantum and an RRC2L backup now. For complex needs, it is impossible to replicate a Proton at that price point.

Back