Perfectflite Amplified External Beeper?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58pan

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what's up with these? I bought a StratoLogger CF a year ago with the upgrade Audio/LED connector for a Amplified External Beeper. The beepers were out of stock at the time but I figured I would pick some up later. It's been a year now and I was going to buy another CF and the beepers are still out of stock. Any one know if these are ever coming back?

give them an email...they're pretty good at responding. I have the beeper on a 4 inch ebay and it's awesome!

Out of stock now might be because of holiday shopping season. Fire off an email to them to see if they can notify you when back in stock.

I've been after the amplified beeper assembly for a few years, but have only seen the replacement speakers offered on the PF store web site. And like you, my recent email to the company went unanswered. So I purchased the lesser, but available, Pratt MicroBeacon as an alternative solution.
Good skies,
GlueckAuf

I bought some when first released thinking they would be like a squealer for locating a rocket. I felt they were not loud enough. More of an aid for those that can't hear the arming beeps while hidden inside the ebay. At least that is my take. I think I gave them away years ago. Not sure. Out of town, so I can't check.

but you're supposed to put them on the outside of the bulkhead, not buried in the ebay. They're pretty loud then!

I meant they are normally buried and it moves the speaker. mine were only slightly louder, nothing compared to a squealer.

connect a white Led to the audio output, locate the led in the vent band. now the led flashes in unison with beeps. that's what I did with my comp3 w/ sl100, the slcf had a louder beeper so I could do away with the flasher.
Rex

That is funny. Normally the rocket gets nervous at the snap of the rubber glove.

Call them. (603) 735-5994
I was frustrated by the out of stock indication on their webpage and called them. They made up a bunch for me, even made up some extended leads for my bigger avbays.
I use these speakers on all my dual deploy rockets that have room for them on the aft end of the avbay. Even with my Tinnitus, I can easily hear my beeps at a noisy launch, or 50 ft. away out in the field.

And I bet they shake with fear when Chuck breaks out the superlube!

Back