Perfect flight adapter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrAdam

Reaction score
I recently purchased a disposable laptop pc. (I'm a MAC user but needed a laptop solution for a temporary time and budget is a major concern). The PC has USB3 ports and doesn't communicate with the SL100. I'm I correct in assuming the new adapter from PF will correct this? Anyone use the new one to know for sure or have a workaround for the old one?

Haven't been flying in a while but finally close on a house the end of the month and am hoping life gets normal soon and I can start launching again. Want to get things up and running again and figure the PC will become a rocketry pc to take to the fields.

Thanks for any input or solutions.

Brad

PerfectFlite, know that but autocorrect doesn't.

Last edited:
Can you provide some more details? Like what adapter you have and what errors you are getting? USB3 works fine even with the old adapter. Remember that you have to connect to the altimeter while it is beeping out the startup sequence.

Tony

Does your PC only have USB3 ports? There are older devices that are known not to work with modern USB3 host controllers, so most Intel PCs have had both 'blue ports' (USB3 ports) and 'grey ports' (USB2-only) ports. This was done so that if your device had an issue on a blue port you could easily identify a non-blue port to try it on instead (easy for service techs to instruct the user). Of course if your PC only has blue ports then that sort of defeats the purpose, there is no fallback.

The laptop only has USB3 ports. I have a DT3U unit for data transfer and I get ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1475950683.182753.jpg as an error message. Yes I know the sequence of power and plugging in. Looks like I need to order the DT4U unless there is a simple workaround?

It is the current FTDI driver and PF software. FTDI works with my BRB stuff.

Back