Pem-Tech Down for a few days due to llama related accident

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Pem-Tech will not be active July 15, 26 and 17, 2009, due to a Llama related accident. We will still be taking orders and shipping will resume on July 20, 2009.
Details:
While sharpening the teeth of our prized Peruvian Fighting Llama in preparation for this Friday's "Wildlife Cage Fight to the Death", the little *deleted* bit me on the right hand.
:bangbang:
I see Llama burgers in our future.

Well, we know how nasty those things can be, so it went septic on Saturday and systemic by today. The orthopedic surgeon rushed me over to Baptist Hospital this afternoon where they did a "Lacerate and Drain."
That really has a nasty ring to it, maybe the procedure could use a more friendly sounding name.

Our apologies for any delayed orders over the next few days.

OK, OK....
So it wasn't a Llama that bit me, but that sounds so much better than "rusty lawnmower blade." So, the truth is that I was jabbed by a old mower blade and it put me in the hospital.
No the blade wasn't spinning.
And yes I feel stupid.
:(

Thank goodness I have Trudy to look after me.

Now, where is that nurse with my pain meds.....

I bet you got a BONUS Tetanus shot too!!!!

If not, you best go back and demand one! I think they're free with a lacerationa and drain.... :D:y::neener:

Yikes! :eyepop: Glad it wasn't spinning. Systemic infections are nothing to sneeze at so take your time and take your antibiotics. :blush:

At least you didn't mulch your fingers.

N

Yikes! :eyepop: Glad it wasn't spinning. Systemic infections are nothing to sneeze at so take your time and take your antibiotics. :blush:

At least you didn't mulch your fingers.

N
Yeah, that hurts and takes a long time to heal. I still don't have any feeling at the tip of my middle finger after 20 years...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Layne.:(

On the bright side, you've got an excellent caretaker there with you and I hope for a speedy recovery for you as well.:)

I really don't think an apology is needed for delayed orders. I'm sure everyone would understand and if not, well then they're some pretty heartless individuals.

Last edited:
OK, OK....
So it wasn't a Llama that bit me, but that sounds so much better than "rusty lawnmower blade." So, the truth is that I was jabbed by a old mower blade and it put me in the hospital.

That'll teach you to play with sharp things.

859780_baee_625x1000.jpg

:p

The orthopedic surgeon rushed me over to Baptist Hospital this afternoon where they did a "Lacerate and Drain."
That really has a nasty ring to it, maybe the procedure could use a more friendly sounding name.

Prick for pus, maybe?

I'm just trying to figure out why you'll be inactive on the 15th and the 17th but not the 16th but will be on the 26th? And don't try to say your finger slipped and hit the 'two' key instead of the 'one' key on the keyboard. Com'on tell us the truth, you're really conducting new top secret test flights of new kits.

;)

Last edited:
Prick for puss, maybe?

I'm just trying to figure out why you'll be inactive on the 15th and the 17th but not the 16th but will be on the 26th? And don't try to say your finger slipped and hit the 'two' key instead of the 'one' key on the keyboard. Com'on tell us the truth, you're really conducting new top secret test flights of new kits.

;)

Don't I wish....
No, that was supposed to be 15, 16 & 17. Trying to type with one hand bandaged and the other full of needles will effect my already poor keyboard skills.

Layne,

All of us here are pulling for you! Get better soon and then we'll throw down and have nice llama BBQ.

Here ya go Layne, maybe this will make you feel better.

[YOUTUBE]FOfa6JEIVkk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]HbPDKHXWlLQ[/YOUTUBE]

Here's rare security camera still illustrating the sad story of the Peruvian Llama incident. Not for the faint of heart :y:
Peruvian%20Attack%20Llama.jpg

From RandyT0001
Prick for puss, maybe?

Uh, there's just supposed to be one "s" in that word. I'm not a spelling nitpicker or anything, but the "ss" brings about and entirely different meaning.

I did see a new reason for a chest x-ray: Pneumonitis from Vomitus Aspiration. I don't want it.

Mind you, moose bites can be very nasty.

Well, just got word from my darling that his hand is turning more red, not less red, and he's off to the ER again, as missed his doctor's hours by about 10 minutes. Now I'm actually starting to get worried. :confused2: And I KNOW he bleached it! I could smell the horrid stuff on him. :confused:

Trudy
PemTech's Art Department, his right hand substitue for a little longer, and worried sweetheart :(

Layne & Trudy,

Don't fret the downtime. You need to take care of your injury. Your friends (customers) completely understand the time away.

Marty

Hey, Layne? The fact that you're able to get online and joke about it is a good sign. Keep your chin up (and clear of sharp objects), get better, and, well, you'll have to live with llama jokes for a few years. :D

Be careful next time, and get better!

-Kevin

OK, OK....
And yes I feel stupid.
:(

So will you make lawnmower burgers?:confused:

Thanks for the support guys! Just hearing from his online friends will make the ER wait and time away from rockets aka no-fun-time, better. Laughter does make for good medicine!
Humor good for the humors!

Trudy
PemTech Art Department
Mental Support
Right Hand for time being

He's through second round of cleaning out the wound, but it's still swollen and not wanting to heal. It's NOT a flesh eating bacteria, staff or anything that level of nasty, just very swollen, and not improving yet. :crying:

Looks like he'll be in there till Thursday at least. I don't want him out till that hands not swollen and is sewed up purtier than was last time.

Trudy
PemTech's Art Department and currently his right and left hands, feet, and moral/immoral support

ps. I have one completed order waiting till I can make it to the post office to mail it. Any other orders, I'm sorry, they'll have to wait at least a week. He WILL fill them, I have no doubt, but it'll be next week. Sorry, bacteria got the straight flush poker hand this round.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Both of you are on my prayer list.

ps. I have one completed order waiting till I can make it to the post office to mail it. Any other orders, I'm sorry, they'll have to wait at least a week. He WILL fill them, I have no doubt, but it'll be next week. Sorry, bacteria got the straight flush poker hand this round.

Hey, Trudy? When it comes to illness, injury, etc, there's zero need to apologize for shipping delays.

On the scale of importance, Layne's recovery is high and rocket stuff is pretty darned low.

-Kevin

:( Thanks guys. I'm just pretty worried about him in that I HATE to see him suffering, and dont' know when it's going to start to get better. And I'm not 'trained' enough to fill orders for him, nor do I have time as am in middle of job search (current one is biting me hard) along with everything else.

I know he's checking the site occasionally so the prayers and words of support are mightily appreciated.

Trudy
PemTech's Art Department, and Chief Worrier

Wow guys, I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Get well soon Layne, the llamas (and Trudy) need you.

Trudy / Layne,

Can you give us an update on your injury? Haven't heard from you guys in few days. Somewhat concerned.

Trudy / Layne,

Can you give us an update on your injury? Haven't heard from you guys in few days. Somewhat concerned.

Hey!
Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, prayers and concern. The wound situation is improving daily. I am home again and receiving IV antibiotics twice a day. The Docs still don't know what organism was causing the problems, cultures taken during the first and second surgeries still show no growth.
But, my right hand is becoming less painful and more usable everyday.
Soon I'll be back in my mad scientists lair creating strange and wonderful things!

BWHAHAHAHAhahahaha
:bat:

AAAAAUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! :y: TOoThY LLaMA!!! RUN FOR COVER!!!! :y:

Darn you Troy!!! :bangpan: Flashbacks, ducking for covering, running and screaming!! You made my PTSD flare up again darn you!!!

Trudy, who never has too many serious moments if she can help it.
PemTech Art Department and much happier support staff now that he's home and I don't see bare muscles flexing quite so much in his hand. Yeah, it was that icky once they opened it up for cleaning.

Trudy, who never has too many serious moments if she can help it.
PemTech Art Department and much happier support staff now that he's home and I don't see bare muscles flexing quite so much in his hand. Yeah, it was that icky once they opened it up for cleaning.
Trudy, when this is all done, will he still be able to count to ten?

Fingers, the original digital calculator. :rolleyes:

MarkII

Back