• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PBAN & HTPB Rocket motor chemicals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketpyro

Reaction score
Edit 11/28/2016: These items have been sold

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the site. I am a regular at Ned Gorski's Fireworking.com. One of the members there suggested I post my items here. Although I am not much of a rocket hobbyist, I have some items for sale that might be of interest to you folks here.
For Sale -- Firefox kit for making both kinds of polymer rocket motors - HTPB and PBAN. Firefox now sells these kits separately, the HTPB for $174.75 and the PBAN for $149.70. I bought the combined kit a number of years back when I thought that I would take up high-powered rocketry. I now realize that although I would love to join in your hobby, I have too much on my plate already, and need yet another expensive and time-consuming hobby about like I need a hole in the head. I have therefore come to the conclusion that I will stick to BP, strobe and whistle rockets, and those only as propulsion for lifting aerial fireworks display shells at licensed pyro club events, so am selling this chemicals combo for $125.00 plus shipping. All items are new, and no containers have ever been opened. Gary Purrington at Firefox has assured me that the material will still be good, since it has not been opened. Here is what you will get:

1 Gallon R-45 HTPB Resin, Hydroxyl Terminated
1 Gallon PBAN Resin, Hydroxyl Terminated
1 Quart 2-Ethylhexyl Acrylate, Liquid Plasticizer
1 Quart DER-331 Epoxy Resin Curative
8oz HX-878 Tepanol Bonding Agent
8oz Isophorone Diisocyanate Curative
1 lb Ferric Oxide Burn Rate Catalyst

Please note that the Ammonium perchlorate oxidizer is NOT included.

I realize that many of you might have reservations about purchasing something from someone completely new to the site. I understand that, and if you're not willing to take the chance, so be it. I have included a couple of photos of the materials in question, so that you know that they are real, in the original containers and unopened.
Please message me if interested.

Best regards, Tom

IMG_0887 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0888 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0894 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0889 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0890 (1024x768).jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the site. I am a regular at Ned Gorski's Fireworking.com. One of the members there suggested I post my items here. Although I am not much of a rocket hobbyist, I have some items for sale that might be of interest to you folks here.
For Sale -- Firefox kit for making both kinds of polymer rocket motors - HTPB and PBAN. Firefox now sells these kits separately, the HTPB for $174.75 and the PBAN for $149.70. I bought the combined kit a number of years back when I thought that I would take up high-powered rocketry. I now realize that although I would love to join in your hobby, I have too much on my plate already, and need yet another expensive and time-consuming hobby about like I need a hole in the head. I have therefore come to the conclusion that I will stick to BP, strobe and whistle rockets, and those only as propulsion for lifting aerial fireworks display shells at licensed pyro club events, so am selling this chemicals combo for $125.00 plus shipping. All items are new, and no containers have ever been opened. Gary Purrington at Firefox has assured me that the material will still be good, since it has not been opened. Here is what you will get:

1 Gallon R-45 HTPB Resin, Hydroxyl Terminated
1 Gallon PBAN Resin, Hydroxyl Terminated
1 Quart 2-Ethylhexyl Acrylate, Liquid Plasticizer
1 Quart DER-331 Epoxy Resin Curative
8oz HX-878 Tepanol Bonding Agent
8oz Isophorone Diisocyanate Curative
1 lb Ferric Oxide Burn Rate Catalyst

Please note that the Ammonium perchlorate oxidizer is NOT included.

I realize that many of you might have reservations about purchasing something from someone completely new to the site. I understand that, and if you're not willing to take the chance, so be it. I have included a couple of photos of the materials in question, so that you know that they are real, in the original containers and unopened.
Please message me if interested.

Best regards, Tom

View attachment 306135View attachment 306136View attachment 306137View attachment 306138View attachment 306139

Dammit! You're screwing with my 'black saturday' budget! See PM or post here for shipping tp 91942. From one pyro (retired) to the other-stay green!
(just and extra thot-wanna trade for something? Whatcho' need/want? I can easily ship shells, screens and other non-hazmat stuff. I wish i lived in Pennsy!)

Last edited:
Just FYI, PBAN is not "hydroxyl terminated".

Dammit! You're screwing with my 'black saturday' budget! See PM or post here for shipping tp 91942. From one pyro (retired) to the other-stay green!
(just and extra thot-wanna trade for something? Whatcho' need/want? I can easily ship shells, screens and other non-hazmat stuff. I wish i lived in Pennsy!)

Thanks for the reply. Great to hear from another pyro, retired or not! Ground shipping to 91942 looks to be right around $30. I might be interested in trades. I'm pretty well set for screens and most tooling, but chems and hemis would be of interest, at least larger hemis 8-12" range. Send me a PM and let me know what you've got.

Best regards, Tom

Thanks for the reply. Great to hear from another pyro, retired or not! Ground shipping to 91942 looks to be right around $30. I might be interested in trades. I'm pretty well set for screens and most tooling, but chems and hemis would be of interest, at least larger hemis 8-12" range. Send me a PM and let me know what you've got.

Best regards, Tom

8-12" hemi's-brother you are SERIOUS about this. A ton of nasty,dirty, laborious work to colour the sky for 5 seconds:cheers:
I ahve to check my stock but those take a lot of room to store- Paper or Plastic? (for those not knowing it's a valid question. Sea World got shut down until they converted back to paper)

Note: The polymer rocket motor chemicals which started this thread have been sold.

Thanks everyone for looking!

Regards, Tom

Back