Payloader / Night Flight Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saunassa

Reaction score
Just scratch built a payloader for night flights and egg lofting.

who else out there has built a rocket for this. would be interesting to see the different ideas.

This is my night flight model called 'SISU'
i have the light on for this pic.
it has a 24mm mount so that i can fly it on everything from a D,E,
and F21.

Originally posted by saunassa
Just scratch built a payloader for night flights and egg lofting.

who else out there has built a rocket for this. would be interesting to see the different ideas.

This is my night flight model called 'SISU'
i have the light on for this pic.
it has a 24mm mount so that i can fly it on everything from a D,E,
and F21.

What's the light source? I haven't built one yet, but I'm looking for ideas. Actually, I'll just build a payload section for a bird I already fly, but it's the light source I need ideas for.

I work in the electronics field designing circuit boards. because of this, i am too lazy to custom build a light source.

I went to REI and picked up one of those flashers for the back of a bike seat. it is a Vistalite Total Eclipse and is supposed to be good for up to 2 miles. It has some darn bright LEDs in it
I will use it in flash mode since the batteries are then good for over 100 hours and the flash irritates my eyes making it is easier to see on the ground then a constant on light.

The light runs heavy at 85 grams but this rocket can handle 100 gram payload fairly easily.

Rocksim shows 500' on a D12, 1250' on a E9 and 2300' on a F21

https://www.vistalite.com/vistalite_03/03flashers.html

Back