Payload tube?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to model rockets.
I was just wondering what the payload tube is for? My heatseeker comes with an additional tube that is seperated from the main tube.... My other rocket does not have this and I was wondering what is supposed to go in it?

Thanks.

anything you want

lucky charms
notes
lego men (my favorite)

when you get more advanced into rocketry you can put altometers and electronics that will tell the rockets altitude and other stats

Lol, thanks for that...
I will give a snail a trip of a life time!

from the NAR: Flight Safety. I will not launch my rocket at targets, into clouds, or near airplanes, and will not put any flammable or explosive payload in my rocket.

i also recall a rule along the lines of "I will not put any live creatures other than small insects into my payloads"

somone correct me if im wrong

Originally posted by Rich
Lol, thanks for that...
I will give a snail a trip of a life time!

Biological payloads (except insects for some reason) are a no-no.

Here's an idea: pick up a little wireless lapel mike from Radio Shack. It runs on a watch battery and transmits on FM. Find the frequency (tune it to an open frequency if necessary), put it in the rocket, tune a radio to receive it, and listen to what a rocket launch sounds like from the inside. Live telemetry. It's got a good beat! It's easy to dance to!

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
from the NAR: Flight Safety. I will not launch my rocket at targets, into clouds, or near airplanes, and will not put any flammable or explosive payload in my rocket.

i also recall a rule along the lines of "I will not put any live creatures other than small insects into my payloads"

somone correct me if im wrong

I was being sarcastic, I would not want snail guts all over my rocket lol.

Actually I believe the rule is no vertibrate animals.
Snails, worms, slugs ect... should be ok if you want to clean up the mess.

that takes my vote on one of the worst possible ways to die

just becoming jellow

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
that takes my vote on one of the worst possible ways to die

just becoming jellow

ROTFLMAO!!!!

:D :D :D

Jason

:cool:
for me to reply to this thread...
you seem to have this one covered...!!!

(Yuck)...

:cool:

Originally posted by Justin Horne
That's my club's rule. If it has a backbone, no. If it is spineless, Go!

:rolleyes: I’m lashing down my tongue securely on this one…:p

Back