Quantcast

Patriot Missile Picture

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Estimado

Reaction score
Hello All,
Does anyone have a decent picture that would show the paint scheme for an operational Patriot Missile? I understand that the tube is usually painted with a sand or army olive color. I've seen some stock photos on-line but they are not good quality and aren't helpful.

Rich

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Hey Rich,

It's tough to find a good picture of an operational Patriot. I found a couple of pics last year and they were actually painted flat black. A lot of the pics on the net seem to be more test color schemes.

CTimm

Reaction score
Some have a red-oxide color similar to Rustoleum primer.

cobra1336

Reaction score
I used Rustoleum Fusion paint called "sun dried tomato". Sounds weird but its a shade between red and the brownish primer color. No photos here at work.

Stymye

Reaction score
The upper section and fins are a phenolic material, sometimes painted ,often not
This phenolic ranges from a greenish/yellow(like estes tried to mimic on their patriot) to a more rusty red color exposed on alot of the earlier rounds.

Scode68

Reaction score
I had the same question and found this. Suposed to be at Ft. Bliss.

On the White Sands site they look like this.

Last edited:

stickershock23

Never Fly Naked
Reaction score
There were several different paint patterns for the patriot, so feel free to go wild LOL

Scode68

Reaction score
This one is supposed to be of one at the Air and Space Museum. Boy do I have to get back there.

This one is different.

Last edited:

sodmeister

Reaction score
The second one seems to be a PAC -3.....

Hello Madcow...;)

And yes ,I would love to go back to DC and visit the A & Space museum.Just can`t do it all in a day.

Paul

Last edited:

RCBrust

Reaction score
I have a lot of pics of the one at NASM Udvar-Hazy. If anyone's interested, I can post some.

Randy

RCBrust

Reaction score
Here are a few. I didn't post any of the nose because there's a good one in the post above.

Randy

Patriot1.jpg

Patriot2.jpg

Patriot3.jpg

RCBrust

Reaction score
Make sure you view the pics I posted above at full resolution. They're all 1024 pixels tall.

If anyone wants to see a closeup of anything in particular, let me know. As you can see, it was standing vertical. Therefore, I have much better closeup shots of the bottom then I do the top. Gotta take the 300mm lens next time, or a stepladder! :)

Randy

Evo666

Reaction score
Scode68, that second picture you posted os the pac-3 and the others are pac-2. Boy where the pac3 missile a huge headache when trying to get that system work with pac2 missiles back in 2003. I have pictures of the launcher and such as we rarely see the missile out of the canister.

GregGleason

Reaction score
Here are a few. I didn't post any of the nose because there's a good one in the post above.

Randy
Those are great pics, which educated me. I did not realize two things about the Patriot:

1. The fins have a diamond cross section (hello HoJo)
2. There is a slight boat tail

Greg