Parachutes on eBay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the person (jcmc64) on ebay offering custom chutes?

The auction is for 12" but the posting indicates they make differnet sizes, colors, light weight and normal ripstop, with or without a spill hole.

Thanks
Les

Could this be WACA in another guise?

IF so, be afraid!!!

EDIT: I have subsequently learned that WACA has made good on old obligations, that this vendor is not WACA and that I should muzzle my fingers unless I have immediate knowledge of the subject.

Last edited:
looking at the seller info, it's not waca. The seller has 100% feedback dating back to '03 (390 feedbacks) This seller has sold a variety of items.

Take a look at the listing # 320336255703

looking at the seller info, it's not waca. The seller has 100% feedback dating back to '03 (390 feedbacks) This seller has sold a variety of items.

Take a look at the listing # 320336255703

Apologies to jcmc64.

That does look nice.

There was a long thread on the old TRF about WACA. Apparently he made good on all of his debts to folks. I ordered about 30 parachutes from him with no issue at all and they arrived quickly. Have you had recent bad dealings with him JAL such that you are advising folks to "be afraid"?

There was a long thread on the old TRF about WACA. Apparently he made good on all of his debts to folks. I ordered about 30 parachutes from him with no issue at all and they arrived quickly. Have you had recent bad dealings with him JAL such that you are advising folks to "be afraid"?

I remember the thread.

I remember contact with him to order some chutes before I ever found the thread. That deal fell through with no fault accrued to him. He backed out before I sent my money.

SHortly after that is when I found the old thread. I have memories, admitedly hazy, of the thread going on for quite a while and people having trouble. I also remember (I thought) that he had restarted under a new name and had exhibited a "too bad for those who lost out in the past" attitude.

My memory, not the best, falls off at that point. If he did indeed make good on his old commitments, then I have no problems.

Furthermore, if that is the case, I have done WACA a disservice and I thank you for drawing attention to it. He should not be pilloried if he has made a good faith effort to make good on his obligations.

I stand corrected.

Back