Parachute Testing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the bundt cake design. Will you be marketing them?
*hint*
*hint*

I've given it some consideration, but there's more testing I'd like to do first. As it stands, this design is a bit labor-intensive so I would have to do some crunching before I could begin to think about price tag...

Later!

--Coop

I have routine access to a ~100ft drop. Is there particular testing which would be useful?

I was thinking of modified stock chutes ( standard, pulldown, spill hole, pulldown w/ spillhole ) on a few sizes. If it would be useful I could expand that, I suppose.
Not related to 'chute design, but some research on off-the-shelf nylon or metal spacers (cylinders) used as reefing rings to lesson opening shock might be useful.

Not related to 'chute design, but some research on off-the-shelf nylon or metal spacers (cylinders) used as reefing rings to lesson opening shock might be useful.

Excellent point--and yes, I've been exploring this avenue as well for future consideration. I've been kind of leaning toward delrin, though--figuring that would decrease wear on the lines...

Later!

--Coop

Excellent point--and yes, I've been exploring this avenue as well for future consideration. I've been kind of leaning toward delrin, though--figuring that would decrease wear on the lines...

Later!

--Coop

UHMWPE is nearly as slippery as Teflon, certainly more so than PTFE-impregnated acetal.

UHMWPE is nearly as slippery as Teflon, certainly more so than PTFE-impregnated acetal.

Good point--will give that some consideration as well, though I suspect this may be getting out of reasonable price range...

Have gores cut and paired up for next assembly--see how this one goes together...

Later!

--Coop

UHMW should be about a buck an inch for bar or tube stock, or just grab a bag of washers :). [ trying to get other people to pay for all the science ]

Back