Parachute Drag coefficient

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magin

Reaction score
hi guys. I have some problem about parachutes. I' dont know which coefficient should ı use for parachute. we have now paragliding parachute , we are planing to reshape it as a rocket parachute but ı coul'dt find the drag coefficient. we want to make raound parachute for our rocket. Could anyone help me about that ?.

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    437.6 KB · Views: 73
Hi guys! We have chute of paragliding. we are trying to reshape the chute as a rocket chute . We have to find drag coefficient. How could ı find it ? if we must calculate, which informations we should learn about chute ?

Not enough details to calculate, and if it was for paragliding it must be fairly huge.

Can you confirm you rocket weighs ~200 lbs?

I know it's huge but we will sew it. 200 lps is not the exact weight of rocket, nearly.

Yeah its huge but we will reshape it when we calculate the diameter of our parachute. We will just use it as a material. I can confirm that our rocket will be 200 lbs. Which details do u want to know?

Back