Paints For A Beginner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want polish, not cleaner. Pledge Revive-It is the most recent incarnation of the stuff. Unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued, and the prices on Amazon (for instance) are absurd. If you have an Ace Hardwsre nearby they still might have a bottle or two available on clearance.

I wouldn’t generally choose a quick-detailer for this purpose. Synthetic car waxes have been used successfully though.

I’m not familiar with that particular Rusto clear. Many folks have success with Rusto 2x clear, and the Krylon clears are good too.

You want polish, not cleaner. Pledge Revive-It is the most recent incarnation of the stuff. Unfortunately it seems to have been discontinued, and the prices on Amazon (for instance) are absurd. If you have an Ace Hardwsre nearby they still might have a bottle or two available on clearance.

I wouldn’t generally choose a quick-detailer for this purpose. Synthetic car waxes have been used successfully though.

I’m not familiar with that particular Rusto clear. Many folks have success with Rusto 2x clear, and the Krylon clears are good too.
Understood, thank you

Hello,
Can anyone show me where I can buy future shine ? I don't understand which one to get, I found this lemon scent on Amazon, can this be used ? I don't understand which one you guys are using
https://a.co/d/dGcWJNO

This is what the last incarnation of Future looks like in case you run across it somewhere. Do not pay online prices IMO.
1662291292362.jpeg
The last incarnation -1 looked like this:
1662291689638.jpeg

The late, lamented Future. “Tough acrylic protection”

1662292339891.jpeg

Last edited:
re there any helpful tutorials available for the average builder starting out, as far as types, brands, and best practices for painting their rockets?

That's two questions...

First, spray technique, watch the Apogee video on proper rattle can use.

Second, hobby materials such as Tamyia are excellent, but expensive. So that's only for LPR for me, for HPR I use regular Ace Hardware or Rust-Oleum. Other folks have different preferences.

Bottom line, you gotta try a few things and see what works for you.

You can also buy Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic coat at any store that carries Krylon paints. I believe Menards carries it, and probably Walmart as well.

Back