painted another rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenstarr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing too special but after months sitting in the garage stealth6 inspired me to give it a proper paint job using rustoleum 2x. I went with a 70s theme sort of. Brown orange yellow would have probably been more groovy or if it was all green with an orange and white stripe.
20140220_170707.jpg
20140220_170907.jpg
Ken

Stupid phone, there is a reason I take vertical pictures and videos! Oh well, you get the idea.

Last edited:
looking good. I like the green mixed in with the brown and white. :):):):):):)

Gosh I can't remember the name let alone the manufacture! I think it is a Quantum 1 from North Coast Rocketry. I won it last year. New unopened package, instructions looked like mid 1980's. MMT is 29mm. I used an Estes retainer but added a little carbon fiber fancy pants nozzle to the screw on part of the retainer. Nose cone appears to be cast foam. Paint is all Rusto 2x including the clear coat which is supposedly some type of fake spray on "triple thick glaze". We'll see how it holds up in the sun but sure seems nice!
-Ken

....Stupid phone, there is a reason I take vertical pictures and videos! Oh well, you get the idea.

Rotate and save the image in an image viewer/editor first. Then attach it.

Sometimes the orientation metadata isn't encoded with the image.

Back