paint from Home Depot

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC-Patrick

Reaction score
Our local Home Depot has not been re-stocking Rustoleum for awhile now. Appears they are coming out with a branded Behr spray paint. Does anyone have experience with the new Behr spray paints? They are about a buck more than Rustoleum.

If true that is a bummer. We'll see how the Behr stuff is, but I can't imagine they'll have nearly the variety that Rusto offers. Fortunately other places (including Lowe's) still sell the Rusto.

vertical integration is fun, eh? (well, at least "exclusive" deals that result in less choice)

Last edited:
I am not sure Home Depot is getting rid of Rusto, I think there is just a paint shortage right now due to COVID. Yet another COVID casualty (how COVID caused an Iced Tea shortage, I still haven't figured out!)

Paint shortage is well documented. Most available production is going toward home builders/commercial developers right now since they need literally hundreds or thousands of gallons of paint to complete small and large buildings. Despite any media coverage to the contrary, skyscraper construction in NYC has continued unabated throughout COVID.

The paint shortage has been going on since Spring, but is just now hitting the consumer due to a large supply of rattle cans manufacturers already had on hand.

Like most of the shortages these days, don't hold your breath on the supply coming back anytime soon.

http://www.paintmag.com/update-paint-shortage

I am not sure Home Depot is getting rid of Rusto, I think there is just a paint shortage right now due to COVID. Yet another COVID casualty (how COVID caused an Iced Tea shortage, I still haven't figured out!)

Paint shortage is well documented. Most available production is going toward home builders/commercial developers right now since they need literally hundreds or thousands of gallons of paint to complete small and large buildings. Despite any media coverage to the contrary, skyscraper construction in NYC has continued unabated throughout COVID.

The paint shortage has been going on since Spring, but is just now hitting the consumer due to a large supply of rattle cans manufacturers already had on hand.

Like most of the shortages these days, don't hold your breath on the supply coming back anytime soon.

http://www.paintmag.com/update-paint-shortage
Hope that's the case, otherwise will be spending 25% more on the ACE or Behr offerings.

Home Depot’s where I am in CT same thing for months very low inventory for rusto
The other day I was surprised to find a couple primer grey cans so I grab a few just to have
Liquid gold lol

Our Home Depots has empty shelves where the spray paint was. Walmart also has empty shelves. Might have to use house paint. I have a new HVLP gun I have never used. Lots of colors of house paint.

My local Autozone had just about every color of Duplicolor rattle cans today...

Had the same bad experience with nothing in stock at Home Depot. Went over to Lowe's and they had all colors an primer in stock. Not sure what Home Depots problems are but I'm funding them harder and harder to shop.

Mike

Back