Paint color/decal suggestions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I built his 2nd rocket a few years back from scratch, and it's been stored, moved, stored, moved....
It's been primed and wet sanded, waiting for paint. Son has lost interest unfortunately.
It's basically a Big Bertha with Patriot nose cone and a 24mm Engine Mount.
So looking for suggestions on color scheme, dedals (Stickershock, not a wrap) and a name for the thing.
It's time for it to get finished and flown.

Here's a cool Hellfire scheme
hellfire-missiles.jpg

light yellow (Lemon yellow?!) and dark orange flames with a heavy "midnight purple" (not quite Midnight Blue, not really a dark purple..) outline..

Forrest Green with a white racing stripe..

Sky blue, with a fade-to-dark-blue top / nose.. AND, mask off the dark bleu with little stars, so that the upper dark blue section has stars in it..

What about a name?
Paint sounds cool as heck.

light yellow (Lemon yellow?!) and dark orange flames with a heavy "midnight purple" (not quite Midnight Blue, not really a dark purple..) outline..

Forrest Green with a white racing stripe..

Sky blue, with a fade-to-dark-blue top / nose.. AND, mask off the dark bleu with little stars, so that the upper dark blue section has stars in it..

Name denotes colour, colour denotes name..

I remember our grd 3 class 'cluster (6 guys) was called the "STP Firestone Turkeys".. of course the teacher did have another idea....
When I played 'Mech Warrior', all my custom Mechs were girl names..
When I design in OR, they are all "Model ##" with variants becoming "Model##-##"
I've named my cats after Pin ups & cartoon characters..

So, do you really want me to offer you a name?!? :D

What about "Big patriot" or "Ex-pat Bertha" or "Experimental Bertha 1" or Bertha Derivative 1" or ...

If it's orange "My Flamin' Clementine" or if its Blue "Mile-high Depression" or if it's red "Little red Ringer"

:D :D

Scratch 1 (or 24 since it's a 24mm)
Salvage 1 (or 24 since it's a 24mm)
Ginger
Mary-Anne
Maria (cuze she makes me laugh!)
Alyosha
Slick-Mick
Suzy-Thunder
Techno-Flash
Schwartz

Latest posts