Pain

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Had ol' back in for injections this morning.
Stabbing pain is at bay, just a little shore from the needles.
In 3 months I go back in for the RF treatment.
That really relieves the pain.
Just have to take it easy today and return to rocket building tomorrow.

I'm an hour and fifteen minutes from my next dose of Tramadol and Lyrica and the way my hands feel now it's about time to step the dosage up. I'm still on low doses but day by day the resistance grows....

Yeah- If'n i knowed I was gonna be in this body for so long-I woulda taken better care of it....
OTH- i had a helluva lot of fun!

I'm 45 and have dealt with lower back pain/muscle spasms for most of my adult life. In High School I fractured my tail bone and I suspect that I may have mal-developed the surrounding muscle by favoring it so much while it healed over the following two years. I'm trying to get the VA to investigate for bulging/herniated disk(s) now though. So far, I'm not on any prescription pain meds for it and I'm hoping to avoid that.

No discogram, he did order MRI per request from my hip doctor whom says my hip problems are coming from my back.
RF is Radio Frequency. Go in with a probe and burn off the nerve endings.
I believe my problems all stem back to a 1988 roll over. I woke up in the back seat, with the front seat still behind me.
exited the car through the back door. Fractured my spine and broke tail bone clean off.
xrays shows my tail bone healed at an angle.
I can't sit on hard chairs at all, have to be padded.

What is the RF treatment? Have you had a discogram?

Had rather intense neuropathy pain when I first got CIDP, pills were rather useless, cannibus saved the day. Doctors and big Pharms don't make any money on it though.

Pain - the intensity of which sometimes makes you literally crawl into a corner, cry, and wish it would be over by any means.... yup... i know that one and sympathize.

I have a Tens unit permanently implanted into my C2 vertibrae, between that, and a lot of trigger point injections and nerve blocks, it has been getting better (or I have just been getting used to it).
If it werent for that implant, i KNOW that i wouldnt be around now.

Quote on Chronic pain:

It will never kill you though you will pray it would and secondly it will always be minimized because you look too good to be that bad.

Had rather intense neuropathy pain when I first got CIDP, pills were rather useless, cannibus saved the day. Doctors and big Pharms don't make any money on it though.

Yeah, it takes the combination of two drugs to lower my pain level and herb is obscenely expensive, there's no "regular" any more, it's all hi-test and all I need is the regular Mexican Dirtweed, it knocks down the nausea better than Tigan or Zofran. I'll be moving to the Oregon coast when I finish the legal crap I'm involved in. Don't really want to leave Idaho but it's the only state in the 9th Judicial District that doesn't have a legal way to obtain it and I feel Oregon is my best option. Washington is too far north and Cali has too many weird laws for me, It is like a completely foreign territory. There's this beautiful little town in the very south west corner of the state called Brookings. You have to zoom in real close on google maps before the town name pops up. Looks like as good as place as any to spend the rest of my time, I really want to spend a lot of time ocean fishing ;)

Brookings looks awesome, I will be looking forward to seeing you post updates on your move to there.

Another reason for Brookings is that it's considered the easiest bay to get in and out of because the sandbar at the harbor mouth doesn't affect passage as much as the sandbars all up and down the coast. Like the sandbar at the end of the Columbia River is notoriously dangerous, many die there each year. You can find youtube videos of just how bad it can be. There's a Coast Guard station right there, right where it's needed....

Depot Bay is another awesome place on the coast and also on my list. One of the most fantastic harbor entrances there is, you have to maneuver your boat into a rock canyon slot that opens into a small bay with Highway One passing overhead.

Where do you plan to launch rockets at Dave in Brookings?
Wife wants to move this summer to Oregon, but closer to her sister in Portland.
My brother lives in Marysville, WA and works at Boeing.
My son lives and works on Mt. Hood.
I want to move close to a club to join and a place to launch.
I rather go to Arizona, for several reasons, one being rockets.
Another is gun laws, or the lack of or freedom to own.
Brother goes there every summer for a big shoot.
Takes his 50 Cal and fully auto Browning with barrel clip.

I suffer from cluster head aches and get the same crap from people. the "Its only a head ache" and "I have migraines as well." I wish it were migraines, it wouldn't hurt nearly as much.

Back pain is the worst. It can bring your energy and attitude close to zero.

Greg

Where do you plan to launch rockets at Dave in Brookings?
Wife wants to move this summer to Oregon, but closer to her sister in Portland.
My brother lives in Marysville, WA and works at Boeing.
My son lives and works on Mt. Hood.
I want to move close to a club to join and a place to launch.
I rather go to Arizona, for several reasons, one being rockets.
Another is gun laws, or the lack of or freedom to own.
Brother goes there every summer for a big shoot.
Takes his 50 Cal and fully auto Browning with barrel clip.

It's a ways to Brothers, Ore. but there are places to launch. A schoolyard would do, I don't have to fly hi-power. Maybe build some waterproof rockets that float and try some sea launches, don't need landowner permission and I think 3 miles out there's no problem with getting an FAA waiver :)

Back