Pad with kid sitting on it!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raistlin

Reaction score
A few years ago I lost my launch pad in a launch mishap, back then I looked into getting a bigger, more stable pad. I never ordered the one I was interested in, I don't know who manufatured it or what it was called. I only remember the ad with the picture of the pad, and some liittle kid siitting on the pad to demonstate its strength. It really looked nice, does anyone know anything about this pad, is it still availible. Hopefully that image will jog someones memory. Thanks.

Raistlin, don't be discouraged if there is a lack of replies on this subject. I personally have clicked on this thread a few times myself trying to think of all the pad manufacturers that produce hefty pads. I've personally never done too much pad shopping, but perhaps someone on the forum could recommend a suitable replacement.

Are you looking for a pad to fly a certain impulse or weighted rocket? Is there a sentimental value to reowning a pad that you previously had?

Hopefully someone else can chime in and thrown you a bone here.

WELCOME TO TRF! You'll find a lot of knowledgeable folks around that might be able to answer your question. Best of luck on searching out that pad.

Looks like a good pad though, this one was stainless, fully ajustable, it didn't come with rod. It was designed to hold up to 100 lbs if I remember right.

I have another pad like the one in this picture. It has aluminum legs and the rest is stainless (304 and 316) steel. You will need a 3/4" wrench for use. It will hold round or square rods/rails 1/4 to 1".

Thanks for all of the replies, that is the pad I remember, I didn't realize how expensive it was, but I should have known better, I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyway.

Back