Packers, Rodgers wow!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixontj93060

Reaction score
OK, I lived in Dallas more than 13 years over three different time periods in my life, so yes, I'm a Cowboys fan. Saying that, great game and Rodgers did it again, congrats!

From a Cowboy fan:

[video=youtube;24Vlt-lpVOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Vlt-lpVOY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Vlt-lpVOY[/video]

Indeed, but you expect that from Rogers. I did not expect that performance from Dak. He looked like a rookie a few times, but for a first playoff game that was really impressive. I'm no Cowboys fan, but if I was I think I'd feel really optimistic.

Indeed, but you expect that from Rogers. I did not expect that performance from Dak. He looked like a rookie a few times, but for a first playoff game that was really impressive. I'm no Cowboys fan, but if I was I think I'd feel really optimistic.

Yep, there's always next year...

Go Pack, Go! That was a nail biter, but I do give credit to Dak. He had a great season.

Yea, I'm in Dallas and a bit bummed. But I'm from Atlanta and looking forward to nice Packed lunch.

Yea, I'm in Dallas and a bit bummed. But I'm from Atlanta and looking forward to nice Packed lunch.

I live just outside of Atlanta and am happy that they'll have home field advantage next week. Hopefully the Packers have used up all their fuel today and will have little left over for the Falcons.

I live just outside of Atlanta and am happy that they'll have home field advantage next week. Hopefully the Packers have used up all their fuel today and will have little left over for the Falcons.

Has there ever been a 100 combined point playoff game? This one has as good a chance as any I can think of.

Edit: I looked it up, and 96 is the record. Packers-Cardinals overtime game in 09.

I'm from Texas and have a great affinity for the state, it's many cultures, regions, and foods (and lack of state income tax). I hope to return there someday.

That being said, I don't miss the Cowboys fan-mania that infects otherwise rational friends and acquaintances every year.(Just my luck I move to Crimson Tide country....That's a mania of a whole different flavor...)
Plus my grandma taught me most of what I know about football and she was a long time Packers fan, so that kinda trickled down.

Good game all.around though. We'll see how next week plays out.

I do not have a big favorite in any of these.

For the heck of it, recorded the last quarter of the game on DVR and added thirty extra minutes. I did want to see the Packers win. Then the score got all tied up again, close to the end of the 30 minute extension on the DVR. With the score tied, I was thinking crap, they're going into overtime and the DVR is going to quit.

Unless....the Packers kicked that final field-goal attempt with 3 seconds left.

It was good! The DVR had run long enough!

But it was also whistled dead because Dallas called a timeout at the last moment.

And the DVR quit recording right after that. :(

So I didn't find out who won until checking the Internet later, Packers re-kicking the field goal, and making it again.

Of course if it had been a more important game to me, I would've added more than a 30 minute extension to the DVR to begin with, like I do with NASCAR races.

So, just a reminder if your recording a live event like this, add plenty of extra recording time if it's really important. In case it runs long, or may go into overtime.

Last edited:
Back