Packaging Supplies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
For you guys that are thinking about starting up a rocketry biz and need some shipping supplies, U-Line is just one vendor that has great service and plenty of supplies. All the boxes and stuff you'll ever need.

USPS Priority boxes are great (mostly cause they are free) but some of their boxes are not big enough for some models.

For instance. The normal priority mail tube that you find at the post office (6X38) may be long, but actually it is not as easy to pack as the shorter version that you have to order form USPS (free!). It is also more easily assembled and takes wider kits than it's longer brother.

Buying from U-Line can be a little bit more of a cash outlay, but the price per box is well worth it. And, you customers will be happier! U-LINE

I got U-LINE's printed catalog a while back, and as any good rocketeer should do, I immediately flipped back the the mailing tubes section :rolleyes:. I've nevered ordered from them...but they do have a very wide selection of tubing and boxes - all that good stuff!

Jason

Get this...if i place an order with U-line Monday by 10AM...the order arrives the next day! Now that's fast!

I've never bought supplies from U-line before, but I know eBay has a ton of sellers selling shipping supplies for very cheap prices. I remember when I had my Lego business going on last summer I bought those 4x8 (I think) yellow padded envolopes for about 7 or 8 cents each, of course when bought in a box of 100 though. Altough I'm not selling much anymore, you can check out lego_heaven_store on eBay. That's me!

And don't forget those polybags for bagging up those kits. Of course, you have to buy a thousand of them, but it doesn't cost that much. that's what the Rocket-Tech Industries products will be packaged in. :D

I just checked out their "Tubes" section. They have some clear tubes....... They might be a neat payload section!!!!!

Originally posted by rocketsonly
I've never bought supplies from U-line before, but I know eBay has a ton of sellers selling shipping supplies for very cheap prices. I remember when I had my Lego business going on last summer I bought those 4x8 (I think) yellow padded envolopes for about 7 or 8 cents each, of course when bought in a box of 100 though. Altough I'm not selling much anymore, you can check out lego_heaven_store on eBay. That's me!

Ebay is good...but it's getting harder and harder to get really good deals. If you see something that looks to good to be true, check the shipping...carefully! Chances are that you'll get just as good a deal with another vendor.

I did get a good deal on some zip lock bags, but it was close!:D

Back