• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold P-270 Moskit (SS-N-22 Sunburn) Ramjet Anti-Ship Cruise Missile - STL Files

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This sale includes the STL files for all the 3D printed parts as well as fin templates to build a semi-scale model of the P-270 Moskit (SS-N-22 Sunburn) Ramjet Anti-Ship Cruise Missile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-270_Moskit -- I am asking $8.50 for the STL files. Please message me and I will share paypal info and will send a .Zip file with STLs and some build notes once payment comes through. Buyers get rights to use the files to print the various versions of the rocket as many times as they want but I do ask that you not resell the rockets or distribute the STL files to others. I am also happy to make tweaks if you encounter problems or have feedback.

This model winds up being just over 21" long w/ 145mm front BT60, 110mm BT55 & BT20 ramjet tubes, and 85mm rear BT60 tube. STLs include nose cone, front and rear transition sections (from BT60 to BT55 + 4x BT20 tubes), rear square ramjet slotted for rear fin (longer or shorter slot options), and engine mounts. No need to cut BT20 tubes longways, I designed this to let you leave them whole (I used scraps of cardstock, from Viking kits, to square off ramjets but you can also use thin balsa or basswood - I included tabs to help get these pieces in the right place at correct angle and used some wood filler to smooth things out). I am not good at finishing so just prime my models but I am sure this would be even more beautiful if you are good at finishing.

I launched on C5-3 Super C engine and it was very stable without any nose weight added - video included below. I will add 24x95mm engine mount option and D-to-E adapter and include in .ZIP. Note: For my P-270 model I moved the large fins to the rear and small fins to middle (prototype has large fins in middle and small in rear) but model should be stable with the large fins where they belong in the middle (especially with a bit of nose weight). It simmed stable in OR w/ large fins in middle but I went with more conservative design for my first build.

1628802284713.jpeg 1628802320372.jpeg 1628802337484.jpeg 1628803332213.jpeg 1628803451121.png 1628802839286.png 1628802595581.jpeg 1628802524270.png 1628803353994.jpeg

Here is the maiden launch video:

Attachments

• 1628803236862.png
    1628803236862.png
    861 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks @lakeroadster for modeling this in OR for me. Below is a screen capture of his efforts. Consider using this CP along with whatever CG you wind up with depending on your build to figure out how much nose weight you need to get CG where you want it.

1628969249828.png

Note: I am not sure how well OR computes drag or other aerodynamic forces relevant to pods (e.g., Ramjets here) so consider this all a rough estimate and do a swing test if you want to be sure.

I was looking around for antiship missiles to clone as a scratchbuild, and came across images of the SS-N-22, and I recalled this thread from a while ago. Very nice.

2 questions:
1) Can you print out the parts so someone could build buy them from you and build their own if they don't have access to a 3d printer?

2) Can you scale it up, to say BT-70 or BT-80 tubes?

I was looking around for antiship missiles to clone as a scratchbuild, and came across images of the SS-N-22, and I recalled this thread from a while ago. Very nice.

2 questions:
1) Can you print out the parts so someone could build buy them from you and build their own if they don't have access to a 3d printer?

Or 38 or 54mm? Yeeeeesssss

2 questions:

Thanks...

I could upscale this. I would need to do the scaling to see how BT-80 + BT-50 or something would work to keep main tube and side tubes in proportion. Would be great as a BT-80 rocket. Now that I am CNC milling fins also I need to setup options to build with large fins in middle and properly model in Open Rocket to figure out how much nose weight is needed.

I have typically not printed things for people since it is soooooo slow and I do not have a printer farm -- I cannot recall how long this one took to print but the Neptune I am working on now was like 11 hours to print. There are some print services that will print for you and maybe someone could print this.

I did some fooling around with Rocksim, got fairly close. BT-80 rear tube, BT-70 for the rest of it. I think it needs more tweaking, but I was just tossing it out there. :)

I set it up for 29mm motors, but had a lot of difficulty in getting the delays and optimum delay to be fairly close together. For sure I couldn't sim the 3d printed parts. ssn-22 missile fooling around image.png

Back