• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Oxamide and Titanium SPONGE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, it seems the world is out of oxamide and ti sponge. Does anyone have a surplus they're looking to get rid of? I'm looking for a small qty of oxamide, like a pound of less, and any qty of ti sponge (the more the he better) in any [useful] mesh size. If any one is aware of a place to purchase these please enlighten me because I've been looking everywhere since January and anyone who does sell is still out of stock. Thanks!

-Dan

Last edited:
Thanks Kevin! Scott seems to have a lot of stuff he doesn't advertise. Pyrochem has been out of sponge all year, I check every couple weeks and every couple weeks I'm let down with no sparky motor ��...

Many thanks to Terry and Dan P.! Both great sellers and got me exactly what I was looking for. I'll leave this open because I'm always looking for more. Thanks again Terry and Dan!

-Dan

Still looking for more ti sponge. Firefox will no longer be selling and Skylighter told me it's illegal to ship commercial quantities and that's why it's hard to find now. I'll pay a premium if you have. Not that I don't believe them, but has anyone else heard of these restrictions on sponge? I wonder why it is.

Seems to be an issue at pyrochemsource too- they've been out of the sponge for a few months now. I got some 20-40mesh just before they went out, but don't think I'll see it coming back soon.

What Dwat said for size...
Chris, I will be forever impressed if you can acquire and sell this. I don't think it will be possible though. I spoke to at least three [former] suppliers who told me it just can't be done anymore...unless you want a truck load. I would be just as happy if you sold oxamide :) (for real, any chance of that man?). Or, is there another suppressant you recommend (and can start selling) that, like oxamide, doesn't have much draw back on Isp?

Last edited:
What Dwat said for size...
Chris, I will be forever impressed if you can acquire and sell this. I don't think it will be possible though. I spoke to at least three [former] suppliers who told me it just can't be done anymore...unless you want a truck load. I would be just as happy if you sold oxamide :) (for real, any chance of that man?). Or, is there another suppressant you recommend (and can start selling) that, like oxamide, doesn't have much draw back on Isp?

Time will tell ;) quotes are being worked on, and I have some from years back to compare it to.

Found ti sponge at fireworkscookbook.com (never heard of them till I stumbled upon them yesterday) for a good price and good shipping. Found oxamide from Scott at Loki. Always looking for more if anyone wants to unload some. Thanks everyone!

Did you actually get sponge from them? It looks like it's in stock (and some nice choices), but wanted to make sure they have it :)

Bought, paid for it and received the invoice on it, but I don't have it in my possession yet. I know with pyrochem they don't notify you until the invoice arrives with the order that it wasn't in stock, but it doesn't look like that's the case here. But again, I've never done business with this company. I will confirm when I receive it. Got (well, ordered...) the -40+80 btw.

Bought 1 of each size of sponge from fireworkscookbook.com on June 15th, received it less than a week later. Well packaged and labelled.

Bought 1 of each size of sponge from fireworkscookbook.com on June 15th, received it less than a week later. Well packaged and labelled.

Ah good to know. I wonder if this is a new company or a seasonal company. Been looking for sponge forever and never stumbled across them. Good prices on everything, great shipping prices too, relatively speaking.

Back