Owners of Boyce Gemini Titan and Saturn 1 B

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterk03

Reaction score
I have both of these models and have flown both of them one time. Using the recommended engines for the first launch caused no real time for the chutes to open. My question is about the weight of both of these models seems to be excessive to get it to the recommended CG point listed on the plans. In order to balance it at the (warning) recommended CG arrow it takes a lot of nose cone weight and therefore makes most of these models around and over 1 LB. That seems like a lot for these size models?
It seems like the next flight will be at the last or most powerful engine listed in order to get the proper altitude for the chute to be able to deploy and make a safe landing. If anyone has flown these models and could chime in on their weights total upper stage of the rocket with how much they added to make the CG arrow it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sterk03

I have the Nike Hercules from Boyce and am at the electronics/balance stage. Have you plugged the plans into OpenRocket or RockSim to see if the CP/CG align with where the Boyce plans describe?

Homer

Back