Outlander has... well... landed!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
I just received my ESTES Outlander. Tower Hobbies has them in stock. I ordered on Tuesday. Not bad!! Anyway. The kit looks like a stripped Mars Lander, and is listed as skill level 3. I have not had time to really digest the details or compare to a ML, but here are some pics:

And here are the parts laid out. man, I HATE stick on decals. I guess I will need to scan these and print them as 'real' water slide decals. The plastic 'Nose Cone/Ascent Modeule' looks like great scratchbuilding fodder.

Very sweet. It's almost appropriate that this kit was delayed. Perfect timing to coincide the release of a lander kit with the Mars probe landing. Hmm, coincidence or purposely done?

Gonna have to keep us posted astronboy. Looks like there's a good assortment of parts in there.

I've got some of these on the way too--looks very interesting! Do the lines of the "capsule" look Apollo-like to anyone else? I can't wait to open one up and see for myself...

MetMan

Back