Out of round

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewart32

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to building a recently aquired TLP ASRAAM.
Close inspection revealed that the main BT (2.6") is out of round on both ends, but not creased. Also, it appears that the centering rings will correct the problem on the thrust end, but what about the cone end. Suggestions welcome and thanks.

Originally posted by Stewart32
Also, it appears that the centering rings will correct the problem on the thrust end, but what about the cone end.

I think you have a couple of options.......

A. Try and find another body tube........

B. Get a coupler that will fit inside the body tube and glue in just past where the nosecone goes.........

C. Find a tube that will fit on the outside of the body tube and cut a 1/2" or 1" section and glue it on the upper end of the body tube......

I think the key here is to NOT put something in that will prevent the parachute from deploying right..........

Once you install a motor mount into the tube, the tube will straigten out. I would think that if you didn't have the motor mount yet, you could insert several of the same diameter CR's at different spots around the tube, leave them there for a while (at least overnight...) and that should work too. Also, if you have a full length coupler (check wrapping paper tubes), that might work. :cool:

Hope this helps,
Jason

Back