Our First MWP!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonMises

Reaction score
I’ve been leading a 4-H Aerospace club for a few years now, and the rockets these kids build continue get bigger each year. Last year, my daughter wanted to build a Pterodactyl Jr. as her project, and I didn’t want to spend that much on a rocket that she would refuse to fly. So we made a deal. If I buy it, she has to fly it.

Well, it went on to win the state fair, but a deal is a deal. So about this time last year, she gained her Jr. L1 thanks to help from Gus.

This year, she scratch built a night rocket (Nuclear Fallout) and the first opportunity to launch it would be MWP.

In addition, I met Vaportrail. His stepson was in 4-H and he ended up getting the bug re-lit too. Vaportrail got the idea to start a NAR chapter, and we started bouncing ideas around. We soon came to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to get our L1 & L2 at MWP. Since I was going anyway, I thought what the heck.

Now that we’ve made it home and recovered from the miles of walking, and reflected on the events, I thought I’d share my previous ramblings and pictures.

Griffin: I owe you a huge apology. You asked us to bring Nuclear Fallout down so you could see it, and I didn’t. It didn’t dawn on me until the ride home that you were too busy helping virtually everyone there. I feel awful about that, and again you have my most humble apologies.

Gus: Many thanks for helping Vaportrail, and myself with our L1 & L2 Certs. Sorry I didn’t get to see Pepto-Gizmo fly, but I’ve seen Eric’s picture. And a huge thanks for that really awesome G motor for Nuclear Fallout. See you soon my friend.

Tim: It was a great show in spite of the weather. Can’t wait until MWP 12.

Range Crew: Your hard work paid off for the flyers and spectators.

Vaportrail: For being a great friend and always managing to have exactly what I managed forget, or didn’t have.

Anyway, here’s some pictures of the local MWP color:

Tent City
Z09Collegecamp.jpg

Everything flies
Z12Wellflyanything.jpg

Midwest Powerline
Z08MidwestPowerline.jpg

Midewst Powerdog
Z01MidwestPower11Bulldog.jpg

Preflight
Z07Preflightprep.jpg

Did I say Everything flies?
Z14GasLine.jpg

The lonely Patriot
Z06MidwespPower11081.jpg

GI Joe's coolest ride
Z11MercuryRedstone.jpg

Trailer trash: Fridays organization is Sundays chaos
Z16Trailertrash.jpg

Last edited:
You're more than welcome my friend. Although my wife smirks and my wallet hurts, thank you for rekindling the rocketry spirit in me!

Trailer trash: Fridays organization is Sundays chaos
Z16Trailertrash.jpg

I actually am really NEVER as organized as I want to be. My trailer looks like that all the time.

:smile:

Back