Our condolances to the family and friends of Kevin Funk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius Rocketry

For the Serious Rocketeer
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I heard the sad news today through Rocketry Online that a fellow rocketeer gave me that Kevin Funk passed away from a stroke. The news release is posted on Rocketry Online.

I did, as a fellow retailer, and someone appreciative of all he has done for the hobby, just want to take a moment out to offer my heartfelt condolances and best wishes to the family and rocketeer friends of Kevin.

I met Kevin once, and he was an outstanding person. I loved every article he wrote for American Spacemodeling/Sport Rocketry, and his sense of humor will be sorely missed. From Discount Rocketry, to his regularly published columns, to even one of his most controversial but best loved contributions to the hobby, ("Miss Rocket Boosters") he contributed to the hobby in any way that he could. He will be sorely missed. Perhaps those who knew him even better could share remembrances and experiences with Kevin here.

All I want to say is that we will miss everything that you have done Kevin, and the X-Prize is now yours, as you are flying higher now than any of us mortals!

Sincerely,
David

Latest posts

Back