Other CATO Area sites?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Where else in the CATO flying area can one fly? I can't wait a whole month, plus some birds really need flight testing without a crowd around.

www.CTRA-Narconn.org

We have a launch 2 weekends from now. All three fields are in New York, so you may have a drive, but it's worth calling and asking for directions:)

The next CTRA launch Dan mentioned is a two day event August 14 & 15. Come spend the weekend and have a great time.
Mapquest says its 192 miles and 3 hours from New Haven, CT to Cobleskill, NY. I drive down from New Hampshire which is a four hour drive so I'm sure you can manage three to get those test flights going.

Gregzo - Now that I see your avatar, I realize who you are. You going for your L2 again?

192 miles isn't bad...we usually have quite a few big stuff go. I'll be there in full force with RATT Hybrids.

Right now the plan is to be there. We just had a close friend who was in the military killed last week in Iraq - so plans could change. He was the Marine Lt. Col. from Vermont.

L2 again? - if those darn winds behave I'll go for it. I have a Pro38 5 grain Baby-J ready to go!!! The winds at the June launch were pretty nasty!!
I'm also building an Eclipse that might be ready for the launch. (Naked probably however)
Hope to see you there.

Dynasoar

Metra would be closer to NH. Figure on about 100 miles.

If you just want to do some LPR experimenting, call me at the office, I have a few hidey holes where we can burn some BP. You can also fly indy at Durham. There is just no support. IF you want to go down there, I'll bring my rail and pad. We are still limited by site dimensions to G power.

A

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Dynasoar

Metra would be closer to NH. Figure on about 100 miles.

If you just want to do some LPR experimenting, call me at the office, I have a few hidey holes where we can burn some BP. You can also fly indy at Durham. There is just no support. IF you want to go down there, I'll bring my rail and pad. We are still limited by site dimensions to G power.

A

Ah, well, I'd assumed that to use Durham you needed to get permission from the town board. If not, that's great.

Most everything I need to test is LPR, but a couple might take more than a school yard (3 Es in the Sandman, without payload section).

I'd call today, but Dr. Jeff just invited me to come over to Loki to make some propellant. Maybe this weekend? Heck, maybe by this weekend he'll want some 38mm testing done, which is why I got ahold of him originally.

Thanks for the NARCONN invite guys. I'll see about making an overnighter.

Back