OT - My dern website!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
After using many hours trying to get my PC back online (hours that would have been best working on the VB Extreme) I finally have an answer why it is not connecting. Get this - Bellsouth has cancelled my account due to "Abuse". All I could say was what the he__???? I keep playing phone tag with the abuse people and I will let you guys know when it is back up.

Tonight I'm gonna try to start on the glassing part of the VB Extreme. Pictures will be posted at some point.

Geesh... Well, I have an answer from BellSouth.net. Seemed like last Thursday my mail server started retrieving mail from BellSouth.net several thousand times a minute severely slowing down their mail server. Folks, you gotta be doing some impressive stuff to slow down the bellsouth mail server. So they blocked me. They said they will be turning me back on this afternoon. So hopefully tonight I will have this working. More later.

Dude, DoS attacks are illegal. Stop doing that before you get into trouble. ;) :D

You never know when you push someone to the edge. One cow joke too many and look what happens :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Milo
Dude, DoS attacks are illegal. Stop doing that before you get into trouble. ;) :D

Hmmm, Dos attacks...isn't that what Apple did for years? :D

Originally posted by rstaff3

Hmmm, Dos attacks...isn't that what Apple did for years? :D

Yup... right until MS ripped off the mac os and called it windows....

:D :D :D :D

wait... wait... are we OT yet?

:p

-nathan

Originally posted by dasein668

Yup... right until MS ripped off the mac os and called it windows....

:D :D :D :D

wait... wait... are we OT yet?

-nathan

And that was right after Mac "borrowed ideas" from Xerox.

:D :D :D

But I digress.

And that was right after those evil people from Xerox STOLE those ideas from me! Course, I'm not bitter... :D

I honestly don't believe that there has been an original thought in computing for over 40 years. :)

Originally posted by Milo

:D :D :D

But I digress.

Yeah, but its not Mac's fault that Xerox didn't think that the "mouse" was an idea that had any value!

ok ok, we're just gettin' silly here!

:D

Nathan

They turned me back on yesterday afternoon. But alas, I still can't connect. And.... I'm getting frustrated. PPP and Bellsouth don't seem to be shaking hands. Oh well, more later...

How much more time do you think before it is fixed? I can host pictures until you get yours back up.

I appreciate the offer. Hopefully it will be back up tonight. I downloaded a ton of documentation that could help. We shall see.

well folks, after about 40 hours on the phone with my ISP, I think I have determined that it is the ID. Apparently everything checks out but when I connect, login, the link is severed. So I had them drop the account and am getting new service by this Friday. Once I'm back up, I have bi-zillions of pictures to post... Much, later...

Back