OT: Language Bar Questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyfire

Piled Higher and Deeper
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone--
I'm at UCSD at the moment at a summer program covering Robotics. I have a Korean roommate who I let use my computer. Understandably, he changed the language on the language bar to Korean to be able to search/type/use the features he's used to. Unfortunately, when I change the settings back to English, a few characters still remain in Korean, and a few are completely screwed up. The two most noticeable are the timestamp in AIM (remains in Korean and some funky font), and a strange character replacing the backslash in any dialog box (the character looks like a <strike>W</strike> -- weird). Any suggestions on how to fix this?

(Running WinXP Home on a Dell machine if that helps).

Thanks!

Are you using MicroSoft Internet Explorer? If so try going under the View menu to Encoding and selecting Western European (ISO). The Chinese guys do the same thing to me all the time at work!

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Originally posted by teflonrocketry1
Are you using MicroSoft Internet Explorer? If so try going under the View menu to Encoding and selecting Western European (ISO). The Chinese guys do the same thing to me all the time at work!

That fixed it. Thanks, Bruce! It's nice to know someone can empathize with me ;)

Back