OT: How 'bout them Cowboys?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo

TRF BoD Member
Reaction score
Hehe... Being from Salisbury, NC of course I'm a Panthers fan.

Just got back from the playoff game and the 29-10 thumping of the aforementioned Cowboys. :D

But the cool part is that Tracy and I WON the Time Warner Cable grand prize of TWO TICKETS to the Super Bowl!!! Woohoo... is that cool or what?

Some guy at the stadium has already offered us $1000.00 for each ticket. :) We've been told that the face value for each ticket will be around $400.00.

Decisions... decisions...

Speaking as a Pittsburgher, any time the Cowboys get thumped is a good thing! ;)
Congrats on the tickets. $2000 worth of rockets would be my vote.

Pittsburg.....haha what to asy about Pittsburg. My mom is a diehard fan. My dogs name is "Pitzburg" ..........

Anyway Milo its awesome you got tickets. Now you can watch the Patriots stomp on whoever makes it. Yeah, everyone knows the pats are going all the way.

you could go but imagine all that rocket money....heheheeh:D

[subliminal]Milo, 2000 is enough to buy big rockets... do you want rockets or football...[/subliminal]

Well, knowing that Milo doesn't really do rockets, I would have to say wait and see how the playoffs pan out. If the Panthers go, I would be at the SB to watch them play. How often does the hometeam go to the big game? If they don't go or they are eliminated early, then it's a toss up. How big of a football fan are you? If team X and Y went I'd probably be more apt to sell.

Originally posted by Milo
Tracy and I WON the Time Warner Cable grand prize of TWO TICKETS to the Super Bowl!!!

Ok, I am jealous!!!!! Maybe you'll be able to see Carolina play..... I guess we will see who that will face next today..... :D

The superbowl looks better on TV so take the $2000 cash...besides, the Titans are going in place of the Panther :D

$2000 buys alot of rocket stuffs...you'll spend that much on a hotdog a coke and a bag chips at the SB...

Congrats on your fotune (envy, envy)...Oh yeah, didn't the Cowboys hand Carolina it's 1st loss of the season?...I guess it is this loss that really counts. :(

Titans are in the AFC and the Panthers are in the NFC. So the Titans can't go in place of the Panthers. :) It would be ok for them to meet in the SB however. The Panthers owe the Titans for the that whipping in the regular season. In fact the Titans were the Panthers first loss this season. And an ugly loss it was.

Eugene has mapped out the plan. We decided this morning that if Carolina goes we are going to try to get to Houston. If the don't make it may the highest bidder enjoy themselves.

Well, I know Milo doesn't really fly rockets, so...$2,000 will buy a pretty nice server for TRF:D

Hey Milo,

I was so pleased to see the Cowboys get whomped. Even though I'm gonna hear all about it tomorrow at work. Especially since my Packers sneaked out a win! :D:D

Reliant Stadium is only a 4 hour drive from my place! C'mon down! :D:D

Originally posted by DPatell
:(Vikings:(

I say sell 'em!:rolleyes:

Heh. Heh. Heh. How 'bout them Cardinals?? [chuckle]

Milo...Please talk your Panthers into smacking the Rams about. My Packers could use that on their road to the Super Bowl.

(BTW...I'm a team owner...Packers are the only publicly owned franchise in pro sports. I have a share of stock. :))

Well Kermie I'm actually pulling for the Packers this weekend. If they win and the Panthers win... the NFC championship game would be in Carolina and I already have tickets lined up. :D

The Panthers would win of course and then I'd go on down to Houston to see them win Super Bowl XXXVIII. (That's '38' for you non-Roman types. :) )

Ok, now I'm intrigued! If Milo doesn't build or fly rockets, why did he go to the expense and effort to setup and maintain the TRF forum? BTW, I'm very glad he did!! :)

Well let me tell you.

I was into rockets when I started TRF but have since decided I couldn't support my habit of sports cars and rockets. See here for my escapades into rocketry.

Like I said TRF was started during this time and well... it grew and grew and grew to the point that there is now no way I can take it down without receiving death threats. ;) :D

I'm a Raiders fan living in the heart of enemy territory, so the best game of the year for me was the Broncos loss to the Colts. :D

I say if you've never been to a Super Bowl (or World Series or NBA Championship or Daytona 500 or any other sports championship game of choice), then you should GO. Even if it's not your favorite team playing, it is one of those experiences that you'll never forget. Will you have the advantage of hearing the commentators or watching the instant replays like you would at home? No. But you can still say you were there!

Case in point: my dad & his best friend were living in the Miami area back in the late 60's & on a total whim, they decided to drive to the Orange Bowl in an effort to see if they could get tickets for Super Bowl III--considered by many to be the greatest SB ever as Namath led the Jets past the Colts. :cool: Luck would have it that they were able to find tickets (at face value no less!) & went to the game. Sure my dad always said "The best seat for the Super Bowl is in front of the TV." Yet he wouldn't trade the experience of being at *that* game for anything. You just never know...

Lesson #1: You just might see the greatest game ever in person.

Lesson #2: HOW OFTEN DO YOU WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS TO THE SUPER BOWL?!?!?

Originally posted by Milo
If they don't make it may the highest bidder enjoy themselves.
Milo,
I saw on EBay that SuperBowl XXXVIII tickets were going for as high as $5000 a pair! Make sure that if you decide to get rid of them, you research what the going price is. Also, keep in mind that you're gonna be working on a VERY tight deadline to sell the tickets.

Or, once the Panthers beat the Rams, the Pack beats the Eagles, then comes down and tromps the Panthers, you could just give your tickets to your favorite amphibian..... :D

Heads up, though. You may not be allowed to sell your tickets if you won them in a contest like that.

I'll be there Sat. night in Foxboro when the Pats beat up on the Titans.Calling for temps in the single digits,just how we like it!

As a Cowboys hater, an ex-Saints fan and a fellow Ragin Cajun, it was VERY sweet seeing Jake send the 'boys packing. As for the Bowl tickets, you can plan on spending a good $500 on just a couple nights worth of rooms for that weekend in Houston. Hell, for 2 grand, I'd sell 'em in a heartbeat, buy a nice big screen and some rocket stuff!

I'll be there Sat. night in Foxboro when the Pats beat up on the Titans.Calling for temps in the single digits,just how we like it!

Yea the Pats will need all the help they can scrounge up..hehe

seriously tho .......no Nfl team likes playing in single digit temps

you can guarentee it will be a heavy on the running game,
it's a good matchup! can't wait

I can't wait either,Up here their calling it the clash with the Titans.

Hows everyone in Nashville,pumped up or what?

Bye-bye Rams! :D What a GAME!

And nobody gave the Panthers a chance except a bunch of people in NC/SC.

I may be headed to Houston yet. :D

dum-dum-da-da-da-dum Go Pack Go! :p

The Titans/Pats game was emotional for Titans fans no doubt ! I wish the Titans could get a better handle on penaltys tho !

They had 3 good chances to score in the second half and blew it with penaltys......

still.... what a great game !

The Titans played a hell of a game,just came up a little short at the end,I thought that guy was going to hold on to that pass.
<P>
Now we have to get ready for Payton and the boys!
<P>
Also rooting for Brett and GB.

Yep... and I think the Panthers are 1-2 against the Eagles in Panther franchise history. I think this is the year of the Cat though.... the Big Black Cat! :D

Back