OSD build thread.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's now time!

My rocket dubbed "one shot deal" is ready to begin it's construction.

Once again, here is the rocksim file.

rocksimfile2.jpg

More information to come as I receive the parts!

Okay, Here is an update.
DSCN0803.jpg

My dad very precisely cut slits in the tube with an X-acto knife. I didn't trust myself to do it:roll:

DSCN0804.jpg

Attaching the first fin.
DSCN0805.jpg

Attaching the last fin.
DSCN0808.jpg

Finished booster.
DSCN0810.jpg

I think it looks pretty sinister. :dark: That big gap at the coupler/baffle will be covered by the fiberglass.
Then it's off to paint.

Happy Valentine's day :wave:

We got the tube fiberglassed, it being our first time doing so, I'm quite confident we are going to need some bondo :D
DSCN1079.jpg

Looks nice, kinda resembles The EGE's machnum force, but one question upscaler, what it's the purpose of this? Machbusting, sport, alltitude.....

PS looks like we have all started keeping track of our motor usage :D

Looks nice, kinda resembles The EGE's machnum force, but one question upscaler, what it's the purpose of this? Machbusting, sport, alltitude.....

PS looks like we have all started keeping track of our motor usage :D

I just designed it because I decided I wanted another bird is all. Rocksim says it'll push mach but I doubt it will get that close. Fiberglass just in case.

I really built the rocket around my 29/240 case. H power baby.

I've been keeping track of my motor usage by section,spring/fall, on YORF for a while. Figured I'd bring it here as well

Quick update.
I sanded a couple times with 150 grit. Then went on up to 220. I'll finish with 600.

Some parts came out spectacular!
DSCN1113.jpg

Others did not...
DSCN1114.jpg

It's looking like we'll need less bondo than I originally thought.

I just designed it because I decided I wanted another bird is all. Rocksim says it'll push mach but I doubt it will get that close. Fiberglass just in case.

I really built the rocket around my 29/240 case. H power baby.

I've been keeping track of my motor usage by section,spring/fall, on YORF for a while. Figured I'd bring it here as well

Get the 29/360 and you can break Mach with the I200 and H275 ;) anyway looking nice!

I built it specifically not to fit the 29/360. I knew I would be tempted and figured it wasn't even worth it. :bangpan:

Well that makes sence....... I figured there had to be a reason.... So when's the due date on this bird?

Did you cut your fins from G10 stock, or did you buy them pre-cut? What thickness are they?

It's looking good btw.

Haha sunward mught have cooed it but the Flis paint job scheme looks wayy better, sunward one-upped the Tres with the eruption

You could pick up some plain weave Fg cloth and fiberglass the NC to even thinngs out, If you don't it will just induce some extra drag

You could pick up some plain weave Fg cloth and fiberglass the NC to even thinngs out, If you don't it will just induce some extra drag

No need to FG the nose cone. I think the extra drag will do it some good. I don't want it to bust 700mph. Besides, few coats of primer and the dark pearl purple will hide it just fine.

I'm just worryed that the body tube may separate from the NC in flight via drag...... But I never took phyisics yet....Mythbusters!

I'm just worryed that the body tube may separate from the NC in flight via drag...... But I never took phyisics yet....Mythbusters!

It's nothing that serious. It's only, MAYBE 1/32nd of an inch. Nothing too extreme. but you can tell it's not a perfect fit if you get close enough.

Oh so about the thinkness of cardstock, but when you are going 700mph that drag is exponentialy increased, why not just sand the forward part of the BT down a little?

Oh so about the thinkness of cardstock, but when you are going 700mph that drag is exponentialy increased, why not just sand the forward part of the BT down a little?

Well, with the weight still needing to be added with FG near the fins. Not to mention the paint. It won't be hitting 700 mph. I may add a little filler on the NC and sand it smooth against the NC. Also, there will be a bit of drag coming from the rail buttons. I think she will be safe.

Back