ORk File for The New Estes Nike Smoke?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluegillbronco2

Reaction score
I plan on putting an Aerotech D12-5 in my Nike Smoke, I was just wondering if anyone had a ork for simulation.

I've got a sim of the Quest's Nike Smoke nosecone, which could be used as a foundation, but I don't have the PSII's nosecone for comparison.

If someone wants to get me all the specs for the kit, I'd be interested in giving it a try.

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the BT-60 "mini Smoke". Yeah everything else is straight forward but I have no clue how to make a cone like that in OR.

The cone is made by using a very short transition from the body tube to the size of the conical base. No shoulder in the front, and a whatever the correct length is in the aft end of the transition.
Then a conical nose cone that matches the larger end of the transition with a 0 length shoulder.

At least thats me...

Something like what I have attached (note not a Nike-Smoke or even complete) just an example.

Wrong?

View attachment fakeNS.ork

I think that you would be best off accuracy wise to ignore the tip, but you can do the shoulder. Having the little tip (at least in rocsim) creates unrealistically close to the back CP estimates as the program sees the fins as bigger than they actually are. Of course, if you are going for looks, putting the air intake in is better.

The Quest Nike Smoke instructions give the CP for that model if I recall correctly.
https://plans.rocketshoppe.com/quest/que2007/que2007.pdf

Hmm... haven't found it, but it does give the CP for the full size Smoke...

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about the BT-60 "mini Smoke". Yeah everything else is straight forward but I have no clue how to make a cone like that in OR.

I'd suggest downloading my .ork for the Quest nosecone here, then you could scale it to the BT-60, then edit the lengths and diameters as needed.

14664752006_62c789c31c_c.jpg

Jim, are you asking for Smoke specs? Cause if you are, I don't have one. Yet. I do have the PSII version if you want that info.

Back