Original Battlestar Galactica Eastern Alliance "Stazi-Class" Destroyer

Discussion in 'Oddrocs' started by Winston, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Jun 30, 2018 #1

Winston

Winston

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn

2. Jul 2, 2018 #2

kuririn

kuririn

kuririn

Considering all the shortcomings in the cast pieces, that is a tribute to the builder's modeling skills. If you are used to styrene models from a major manufacturer, these resin cast short run models might disappoint you. Detail inaccuracies, mold shifting, excessive flashing, and even bubbles. Plus they are quite expensive for small limited piece designs. Really tests one's skills.

BTW I think this is only for static display, not launchable.

3. Jul 2, 2018 #3

aerostadt

aerostadt

aerostadt

Lifetime Supporter TRF Lifetime Supporter

I tend to agree on this. I used the Fantastic Plastics for my Men Into Space project and it was not like the old plastic models where things snap into place. It was more like trimming a little bit with an Xacto knife and laying pieces together and waiting for the glue to dry.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  4. Jul 3, 2018 #4

Winston

Winston

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn

Knew that, was just imagining a flyable version and how difficult that would be to make - much lighter and somehow stable.

5. Jul 4, 2018 #5

Daddyisabar

Daddyisabar

Daddyisabar

Difficult yes, but doable. The front would be built around a metal bolt with heavy epoxy clay to form the bridge and upper nose cone section. The rear would be traditional tubes, balsa and card stock. Five motors in the back. You would have to do a modification on top to reduce the asymmetric drag. The hardest part would be to convince others your out of the box Mindsim was not complete insanity and to give you a pad assignment:). At least it would not have dreaded tractor motors which would make it even scarrier looking.