Original Astrocam Photo! (110 film)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnmiller

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I managed to find a 110 cartridge and a local place that develops it... so I've been launching my original Astrocam at every local launch this year. I took about a dozen shots but this is the only one that turned out somewhat decent! It makes you really appreciate how far the technology has come when you compare this to photos and videos from digital cams like the Mobius and RunCam. I think this was taken at one of SPAAR's fields.

astrocam110a.jpg

Things certainly have come a long way. Pretty cool that you still use this!
Early space craft that sent back pics had film cameras, a developing lab and a scanner on board. Then it got transmitted one scan line at a a time back to earth!

Things certainly have come a long way. Pretty cool that you still use this!
Early space craft that sent back pics had film cameras, a developing lab and a scanner on board. Then it got transmitted one scan line at a a time back to earth!
And the flat-earthers probably attributed the round shape of the horizon to "fisheye!" :D

I agree, @jnmiller, it's really cool you have one and can fly it. I have one but no film. I understand that you can still get 110 film, but only in 24 exposure rolls. That'd be a bunch of flying, or else waste a lot of pictures, before I could send it off to the lab... Still, with Aerotech making "D" impulse available in 18mm motors... 🤔

Very cool. I have one of the old 110 models as well and was thinking of trying this very thing. When I originally got the rocket it flew 6 times and I didn't get a single good pic. I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Perhaps not a thing :)

I think I should try one more round of photos and see what I get. FIRST a new shock cord.

Thanks for the grainy photo, it gives me hope. LOL

I just took in my Snapshot to get the roll of Kodak film developed that shipped with it circa 2005. I was expecting to maybe see the launch sites we were using at the time but nope, just blank sky.

Back