Oribital Sander - First Impressions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, after I drooled all over Eugene's Orbital Sander when he brought it over to help me finish up the TDD rockets, I guess he decided to get me one. So, as a Christmas present, he did! Drool...

Well, I broke it in today. Attached a 1/4th sheet of 150 grit sandpaper (all I had), plugged it in, and turned it on. As I started using it on my downscale Mustang, which I fiberglassed (practice), and immediately wondered how I could have ever lived without one of these things! It worked WONDERS on my bumpy fiberglass job! I am so impressed! If you ever need to do a nice job on a big surface, i.e. glassed fins, glassed body tubes, fins, and any other thing with a big surface area, I recommend that you get an Orbital Sander, you will wonder the same thing I did.

Experts, insert your opinions!

Jason

jetra2,

I've worn out two already!

If you think your fins are lumpy try building a fiberglass boat or canoe!

That's why my wife started calling me "sandman"

sandman

wow interesting backround sand.

I have one it is great. it had the little holes underneath to suck up some of the dust...so cool.

grinds fiberglass smooth instantly. Also helps keep the thin layer of white dust all over my house constant ;)

Back