Ordering ECP 2e online: please wait a bit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prfesser

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Online ordering of Experimental Composite Propellant 2nd edition is not yet available, but will be soon. Dave has to get home, unpack, fix the web page, and give permission for Tom Blazanin to express opinions (private joke).

Check http://www.compositepropellantbook.com/ periodically. Signed copies will be available soon.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest!

Best -- Terry

Well shoot, I didn't see this thread until I read in the other thread that the book was being published. I went to the Tripoli store, found it for sale, and ordered it... did I screw up or is my order ok?

Online ordering of Experimental Composite Propellant 2nd edition is not yet available, but will be soon. Dave has to get home, unpack, fix the web page, and give permission for Tom Blazanin to express opinions (private joke).
Check http://www.compositepropellantbook.com/ periodically. Signed copies will be available soon.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest!

Best -- Terry

Tom has an opinion?

Last edited:
Thought some of you might want to know...
What’s New in the Second Edition
The main change, and one that many rocketry enthusiasts have called for, is detailed instructions for basic propellants using either the HTPB or the PBAN binder systems. The availability of better-quality chemicals and a wider variety of chemicals made it possible to exploit the HTPB system. (Directions for the simple propellants are in two separate chapters, for HTPB and for PBAN; I think it makes the directions easier to follow.)

Other changes include:
  • Focus on 38 mm motors instead of 29 mm for initial efforts.
  • Formulas and data for other PBAN and HTPB propellants: red flame; blue flame; pourable; low smoke; black smoke; white smoke.
  • Many more illustrations, tables, and (color!) photos.
  • Information on chemicals: drying, storage, and useful life.
  • A method of sieving with reduced dust.
  • A curative calculator and chamber-pressure estimator in PROPEL 2.0.
  • Descriptions of additional initiator types and five dip formulas.
  • Drawings and dimensions for both delay-well and plugged forward closures.
  • Less emphasis on motor delays (with today’s inexpensive altimeters).
  • Improved nozzle design for reloadable motors.
  • Dimensions for single-use and reloadable-motor nozzles.
  • Vertical thrust stand design that uses inexpensive straight-beam load cells.
  • Detailed description of characterization of a propellant.
  • Design process for a simple propellant.

Back