Orangeburg Aug. 7 & 8th monthly launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvSRG

Reaction score
Whos going to be at O-berg this weekend? It'll be my last launch before I head off to college (then comes major rocket building/flying cutbacks until spring/summer :(...but it's for a good cause). I'll be flying my newly painted and renamed 5.5" Phoenix...it's new name is the Gamerock. Can you guess where I'm going to college?:D

I'll be there. I don't expect to fly too much, probably the Cyclotron on a J and either the Deuce on J280's or the Motoreater on a cluster.

Cool. I vote Motoreater! What combination will it be? My Phoenix (Gamerock) is going up on an I600R and two SS 5-grains or two 2-grains and two 3-grains. Either way, same amount of SS grains. I may do a two stager as well.

Marv, well be there. I don't know what well fly. I did get the casing from Ralph today.

Aren't you guys getting some pretty gnarly weather up there? I think NC was getting some rain. (Tropical Storm/Hurricane Alex) Either way, have fun. O-burg is one of my rocketry event destinations one of these days.

Originally posted by eugenefl
Aren't you guys getting some pretty gnarly weather up there? I think NC was getting some rain. (Tropical Storm/Hurricane Alex) Either way, have fun. O-burg is one of my rocketry event destinations one of these days.

I don't think Alex affected much of SC and inland NC other than some some showers and t-storms in the eastern parts of the states. But the coast of NC (mainly the Outer Banks- Okracoke & Hatteras areas) got hit the hardest with rain and wind. But other than some high surf & flooding, power outages and minor damage to property, it didn't do too much damage in comparison to storms of the past. The big storm last year (Isabel, I believe) did some very heavy damage. Floyd was another bad one a few years back. Thank goodness it missed us here and didn't hit the coast too hard. I believe most of it stayed out at sea. So no weather problems for O-Berg on the list...just blue skies and temps in the 80's!

WOW!

It looks like the best weather for a launch in years! High temperature of 81 Sat, 85 Sunday, low humidity and winds under 5 MPH. Also, completely clear Sat and just a few clouds Sunday.

It's usually 95 with high humidity and random thunderstorms.

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
WOW!

It looks like the best weather for a launch in years! High temperature of 81 Sat, 85 Sunday, low humidity and winds under 5 MPH. Also, completely clear Sat and just a few clouds Sunday.

***I KNOW!!!!*** I am so stoked! Even though my motors that I wanted aren't available it's just going to be an awesome day for flying rockets. I can not wait!!! See you tomarrow!!!

Originally posted by Rocketjunkie
WOW!

I know; don't remind me. For the first time in many moons, there was no schedule conflict preventing me from attending this one...

I didnt go on Sunday but Saturday was a great day!! We got there at about 11:30 and was there unitl about 8-8:30. I had alot of firsts on Saturday, my first hybrid going off :)D ), shot off my first I motor (a Pro 38 I-287) used my first Pro 38 motor, it was a blast. Who is gonna be down there for Freedom??

Well, I finally got to work on my pics from last weeks launch.........

How's this one for a "small" rocket?????

With my new digital camera, I actually was able to some real "launch" pics.......

This pic was suppost to be a V-2 drag race, but only one got off the pad......

Here's a pic of Tim's "Wile-E" right before his ride on a G80...... This is always a great rocket to watch launch. It comes down multiple parts, each with it's own recovery system.......

Here's a pic of my ISP Caliper about to fly on a I205..... I had not launched this rocket since last september when I certified L2.......

(more pics soon, I have to down-size them first before I can post them here)

I like the pics! Yeah, my V-2 wouldn't light...even with a thermalite igniter. Gotta get a file up there and clean up the top of the grain. Hope my Gamerock pics came out ok...hint hint: I haven't left for USC yet...won't leave until 12 or 1...so maybe you could get them up before then;)

Here's a pic of Marv and his GameRock!!!!! He's lucky he never left this rocket unguarded...... It might found legs!!!! Sweet rocket........

The next few pics is a series of pics of George's X-15...... This rocket was beautifull!!!!!!!

Here it is waiting to see action.......

Back