Orangeburg April Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the Orangeburg April EX launch is April 3-4 instead of the normal second weekend. April 11 is Easter and the date was changed for that reason.

First day of our monthly launch is just great........ A lot of flyers considering it was an EX launch....... Weather was warm, mostly clear with some wind..........

As with most EX launches, we had our share of CATO's

Here's a pic of Mike about ready to fly this rocket on a I200.........

Here's a pic of a rocket that I think some of the alabama boys brought (I think our very own "Johnnierkt" was amoung them)

PS I hope Johnnierkt gives us some detail on his flights...... The Alabama boys didn't have the best of luck today........

Here's Rocketjunkie's rocket......... I forget what motor he had in the thing, but I do remember the outcome......... Booooooom....... sorry Tom (I was LCO for this flight)...... It was a fast blue Propellant, I think it was a D-grain........

(this is the before shot :D )

A few of our guys have started a project called "Stupidity In Motion" The plan is to build a 1/10 scale Saturn V......... Here a pic of their "test" rockets..... it's ONLY 1/27 scale..........

Oh here is their website.....

https://www.stupidityinmotion.com

We had a few CATO's and one shred........... Here's the remains of John's rocket that had too much power........ After 27 flights "king louie" (spelling?) lay in peace (or pieces)

I launched my first rocket at an EX launch today...... I took my Sprint (formally named Pumkin Head) that had a CATO last month on a F50, renamed it "CATO Express" and launched it on a 3 grain, 29mm G100 with Red Propellant......... Great flight.......... I fly it again on sunday with a bigger motor :D

Here is the CATO Express about ready to fly.......

And finally, here's a pic of Kay and Tom's EZI 65s about ready for a drag race.......... Kay's rocket is named "Not his EZI" and Tom's rocket is named "Not her EZI"............ They both were flying H250s..... 6 grain motors with 5 grains of Yellow Jacket and 1 grain of Blue ???........... Well anyway....... Both had great flights..... Kay won the race, she was quicker off the pad and went higher, but Tom got "closest to the pad"

Originally posted by n3tjm
Where are the flight pics? And Videos? :D

Rocketjunkie will post those......... I just have a cheap little digital camera, ........

...here is my report as written from computer in Alabama :mad:

With school and work (worked all day yesterday, and writing English paper today) sadly :( I was unable to make the trip...

Randy,

The Blue Rocket from Alabama is loaded with an N4600 motor...I hope Mr. Walt Stafford gets to fly that one this time.

great report, looking forward to reading the rest of the story...

The word of the Day is "WINDY"......... Before I even got the field I knew it was not going to be a good rocket day, as my truck (2001 dodge ram) was getting blown around the road.........

Rocketjunkie's mid-sized saucer was about the best thing to fly....... I saw it fly 3 times and I think he launched it once before I got there.......... One of his flights was on a J800!!!........ I hurried out to the pads to get a pic of it before the flight just in case it didn't survive such a big motor........ But it was fine....... Great flight rocketjunkie........ I will have to put a saucer on my "wish list"........

Here's the pic..........

I got a pic of one the rockets that the "alabama boys" launched yesterday......... I believe they said they put a M2000 in it....... The flight had problems and the nosecone is still in the trees on one corner of the field.........

Here's the booster section, with a good size zipper.........

One of our regular flyers Ed, didn't have a good weekend........

Yesterday he launched his "suddent rush" on a J330??? Great launch and deployment was fine....... The only problem was it landed in the middle of the pond!!!!!....... Until this weekend I didn't know there was a pond to one side of the field........ Well, Ed found it, went for a swim........ There was some talk today about someone having a video of him swimming, but since this forum is a family website, I will NOT say another word :D :D

Today, Ed launched his V-2....... Beautiful rocket (well actually it was ugly because it was un-painted, but a beautifully built rocket)..... Very nice boost....... Arked over...... and headed down......... After a few quick seconds, the ground broke the rockets fall........ I didn't get a pic because my camera was acting up.......... I wonder if rocketjunkie got a pic of it?????

Till next month, no more rockets for O-burg........... BUT NEXT MONTH is the "Tour de Deuce" month!!!!!!!! I can't wait........

What was the rocket from the Alabama Rockets guys that catoed on Saturday???

...inquiring minds want to know :D

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
What was the rocket from the Alabama Rockets guys that cated on Saturday???

...inquiring minds want to know :D

To tell you the truth...... I missed it........

Back