Quantcast

3D Printing orange filament?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
Anybody make a filament that comes close in color to Allis-Chalmers orange? Or how about creme?

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Check out atomicfilament.com. It is all really good stuff, and not a fly by night operation. If it says in stock, it ships fast and their colors are quite vibrant. A little more expensive than most, but well worth it in my opinion.

roytyson

Reaction score
Ive been using Paramount 3D exclusively for the past 6 months. Fast/Free delivery, and no quality concerns. PETG has been great quality (all my Airfest rockets had AV bays, nosecone bays, and shock cord retainers) by them. MIght see if their Mclaren Orange is what you are looking for. From the Allis we had as a kid, it is probably too orange. CWBULLET's Polymaker PETG looks about right.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Ive been using Paramount 3D exclusively for the past 6 months. Fast/Free delivery, and no quality concerns. PETG has been great quality (all my Airfest rockets had AV bays, nosecone bays, and shock cord retainers) by them. MIght see if their Mclaren Orange is what you are looking for. From the Allis we had as a kid, it is probably too orange. CWBULLET's Polymaker PETG looks about right.
I love Paramounts ABS, PETG, and PLAs. They have lots of color choices. The McLauren Orange is too bright and the Volcano Orange is too dark.